Starting to get a bit concerned that I'm gonna end up with two babies under 1!!

hanfromman

Reaction score
I had my son 9.5 weeks ago, and bled on and off until 8 weeks pp. Within a couple of days of it finally stopping we dtd and again a few days later (within a week of the first one but I can't remember exactly). I'm EBF and co-sleeping so although I knew there was a chance of pregnancy, I also knew it was unlikely.
Anyway in the couple of days following the first dtd I noticed I was suddenly getting CM and (this is gonna sound odd) started to smell the smell that I associate with my period. My mind straight away went to ovulation. And now today (approx 10 days after the first dtd) I've had some brown discharge/spotting. I've also had a few slight twinges, not cramps, but something.
We dtd accepting the small chance of pregnancy, but it would still be a shock if I was pregnant! And I'd also feel really guilty cos my intention was really to get a job before getting pregnant again!!

Pregnancy test!!!!!!!

Should be fine though - I know lots of aunties of mine who post partum got pregnant when DTD ( obviously no protection was used in their days!!!)

Yeah it seems to happen quite alot! I've heard that you're extra fertile after pregnancy! I've also heard of loads of women who EBF and get their period/get pregnant very quickly after pregnancy! Oh gosh......:haha:

We had sex 6 and 8 weeks after birth as my GP told me as I'm EBF it was 98% effective then at 11 weeks I spent all night throwing up and crying because I thought that meant I was pregnant... Luckily bfn but I've since heard EBF isn't as effective as some think!!

Hehehe it's ok! You will be fine if you are pregnant! Take the test in a few days and keep taking it for a few weeks as I'm not sure it will show up if you are or not! Or go get a blood test done!

Hehehe it's ok! You will be fine if you are pregnant! Take the test in a few days and keep taking it for a few weeks as I'm not sure it will show up if you are or not! Or go get a blood test done!

We're going away on Friday so I won't have access to my doctor for about a month:dohh: I think a trip to the chemist might be in order!!

We had sex 6 and 8 weeks after birth as my GP told me as I'm EBF it was 98% effective then at 11 weeks I spent all night throwing up and crying because I thought that meant I was pregnant... Luckily bfn but I've since heard EBF isn't as effective as some think!!

Yeah my MW said to not rely on BF as contraception as she has had women come to her saying they thought EBF would mean they couldn't get pregnant, but they did!!

I dunno whether I want a test to be negative or positive!!

Crazy girl! I'd jump off a bridge if I had 2 under 1! :haha:

I hope everything turns out for the best for you!!

:hugs:

I will be stalking to see what happens... :)

DD is 16 weeks and I'm 8 weeks preg :) it can happen! I was ffing tho!

Best to test

I am a result of my mum EBF my brother!! So clearly not that effective!

Test test test!!! Xx

if you're having sex and not using birth control (and breast feeding is NOT birth control) then of course you might be pregnant!

lol I'll keep you all updated when I find out either way!

Ridiculous of your go to say that. Then again midwife told me to use contraception as amga recent new mum turned up ton her 8 week check pregnant . and she was a gp

Ok. This post is old but what was the outcome?

I feel in your boat. We have no intentions of preventing right now, as we plan to actively try in September and for last 10 days I have been soooo exhausted, so hungry and very nauseous.

I am only breast feeding, but babe has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight for last 8 weeks, so I know this greatly increases my chances of my fertility returning

Hubby and I talked about it - we would be scared but thrilled all the same. Im sure it's just my mind ( I loved being pregnant, and would love then real close in age), but just to rule things out, bought a test today - will test in am - enjoying some wine tonight!

My brother and I are 14 months apart and my mom exclusively breast fed all of us! So if genetics play a role in when fertility returns, Uh oh!! Haha.

Anyways, hope things turne out the way you wanted!!

Ok. This post is old but what was the outcome?

I feel in your boat. We have no intentions of preventing right now, as we plan to actively try in September and for last 10 days I have been soooo exhausted, so hungry and very nauseous.

I am only breast feeding, but babe has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight for last 8 weeks, so I know this greatly increases my chances of my fertility returning

Hubby and I talked about it - we would be scared but thrilled all the same. Im sure it's just my mind ( I loved being pregnant, and would love then real close in age), but just to rule things out, bought a test today - will test in am - enjoying some wine tonight!

My brother and I are 14 months apart and my mom exclusively breast fed all of us! So if genetics play a role in when fertility returns, Uh oh!! Haha.

Anyways, hope things turne out the way you wanted!!

I wasn't pregnant! Goodness knows what was going on but I've quite a lot of cramping on and off, increased CM at times, just no period and no pregnancy! I think sometimes the body can give PMT signals and it's your body preparing to eventually start ovulating again. But I think it can happen for quite a few months!

Oooh that's interesting about your mum! And the fact that your LO is sleeping through the night as well - sounds like there is a decent chance it could happen!

Haha. Not pregnant either!

Small part of me that's sad! Ahhh. Plenty of time!

Awe that's great! I'd love them close, but I guess it's not up to me!

Thanks for the insight though. My mom did it, so although I'm sure it's not a wall in the park I think I could do it. And really spacing them out has their own challenges too
Haha. Not pregnant either!

Small part of me that's sad! Ahhh. Plenty of time!

My girls are a year and 5 days apart... easier than you think to handle. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->