Starting to get nervous/scared

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
So I'm probably going to have this baby very soon, as in less than a week and a half soon and I'm starting to freak out a little! I'm so excited to meet my little guy but it's been almost 6 years since I've given birth and I really want to go completely unmedicated...not for some kind of badge of honor but because I want to get the best start possible for my baby with breast feeding and since I tend to have smaller babies, the epidural just tends to add to their lethargy if you know what I mean...so needless to say I'm freaking out a little over the pain that is to come especially since the stubborn bean hasn't turned over and is not likely to so it looks like there's a good chance I'll be having back labor :wacko: also I'm just Anxious/nervous about having a newborn again, I've always been very confident in my parenting abilities and I'm one of those moms who it came like second nature to me but it's still just crazy to take it all in! Sorry for the novel ;)

I feel for you! I'm increasingly nervous. Also doing an unmedicated birth, though largely due to medical issues that I have, and I'm a first-time mom, so I don't have any experience to rely on. I'm just thinking, "omg 21 days," and knowing it may not even hold out that long!

Try not to fear the pain of the contractions - fearing the pain makes it worse just by giving you anxiety on top of it. Picture relaxing things and look into what other pain relief options are available to you at your hospital! Maybe you're lucky and can get laughing gas :haha:

Are you doing any of the spinning baby exercises that can encourage the baby to roll to a better position? If you aren't already doing them, it might help you to feel like you've done all you can at least?

I'm 10 days away from my induction and I'm starting to panic a little bit. I'm not worried about labor for a few reasons (actually very excited about it :haha: I'm one of THOSE weirdos!! Also planning to go med-free, I'm excited about the intensity of the experience again :blush:) ... but my younger son is going to be 4 soon, so I've had quite a long time with no babies and he's been out of diapers for a while and been sleeping through the night for years, and I mean... newborns are so TINY and seem so FRAIL. I honestly feel like a FTM all over again, even though I have to believe that I'll suddenly remember what to do with a baby as soon as she gets here :wacko: I can only hope that #3 is as easy as #2 was :haha:... but it'll probably be chaotic!

I'm also nervous about breastfeeding and postpartum recovery, but its mostly the day-to-day reality of life with a third child, and a newborn at that... Its very scary now that there is no denying that its real and not some 7-month-long dream I've been having. :haha:

Aley, thanks, I'm not so much afraid of the contractions as I am of the pushing/crowning! The last time I labored, I had some serious contractions that made me cry instantly before I could get the epi and I had a walking epi so I still felt the pressure and urge to push but I know without one it's probably not even comparable although with my first I had a traditional epi and felt absolutely nothing so maybe my last one was closer to the actual pain than I even realize...I wish they had gas and air here but like most hospitals in the U.S., mine doesn't offer it yet, does yours?

I'm quite rural, so I really doubt we have gas and air available here yet. I keep meaning to ask at my appointments and then have managed to forget every time so far!

Pushing is hard work no matter how much you can feel hehe... but I found contractions to hurt worse than crowning. Crowning/pushing him out was really just a lot of pressure, I don't remember it in terms of pain... if that even makes any sense :haha:

It does actually, thankyou-I keep hearing similar and it's very encouraging to me!

So I'm probably going to have this baby very soon, as in less than a week and a half soon and I'm starting to freak out a little! I'm so excited to meet my little guy but it's been almost 6 years since I've given birth and I really want to go completely unmedicated...not for some kind of badge of honor but because I want to get the best start possible for my baby with breast feeding and since I tend to have smaller babies, the epidural just tends to add to their lethargy if you know what I mean...so needless to say I'm freaking out a little over the pain that is to come especially since the stubborn bean hasn't turned over and is not likely to so it looks like there's a good chance I'll be having back labor :wacko: also I'm just Anxious/nervous about having a newborn again, I've always been very confident in my parenting abilities and I'm one of those moms who it came like second nature to me but it's still just crazy to take it all in! Sorry for the novel ;)

I've got 2 children. A daughter is 22 months and a son who is 2 months. Both were back toa back and delivered back too back

With my daughter I had diamorphine and Gas and air. Diamorphine was horrible I kept falling asleep after she was born, she was born drowsy and I also didn't feel like it even helped with the pain.

My second was born at home after a 20 min labour, an unplanned home birth with no medication not even a paracetamol. Honestly it was intense and it was horrible. But it was over quicker enough. He was born crying, very alert and stayed that way. Breastfeeding was easy and I'm sure he fact I didn't have any type of medication really helped with that!

Yes it hurts like hell but it's over with and forgotten about. Honestly the day after he was born I was talking about when I would have another, so surely it couldn't have been that bad! X

Also agree with contractions hurting more than crowning. Contractions were torture to me 10/10 in terms of pain. Crowning was probably a 8/10! It's over before you know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->