Starting to get overwhelmed

Jcliff

Reaction score
Well we finally put our crib up. Its looks lovley and very sweet. But the second we it was all put together with the bedding and such, i started to sweat and get nervous. My mom also brought over a huge box of clothes/ blankets that need to be washed and put away for baby. Im starting to panic about where to put everything. How much stuff baby will need. Also if I have enough room for everything I will be getting at the shower in 2 weeks. (we live in a one bedroom condo in the city, not much room but doable). I started to feel like everything is starting to hit me!! Im terrified! :cry:

As far as space goes, don't worry, you'll find a place to put it! I live in a one bedroom apartment and her nursery is about 1/3 of the upstairs room so it is super duper tiny. I made due with her crib, a changing table that has drawers so it doubles as a dresser, and an armoire. You could even put up some shelves for cheap if you have to just to get stuff off the floor!

As far as being terrified for when baby gets here, just know you're doing the absolute best you can to prepare for her and I'm sure the feelings will melt away once she's in your arms :cloud9:

We can be terrified together if you like?! I've been scared crapless for weeks now! :haha:

I was freaking out too. Still am a little sometimes. Getting storage containers and more storage options really helped me feel better.

Can you fit one of these at the end of your crib? I have a very small walk thru room to our bedroom that we are using. Once we put this together and I labeled the baskets...I felt much better.

lab3.jpg

I got the cube shelf on sale at Menards for $29.99 and the baskets were on sale for $4 each.

I also bought the rolling under bed plastic containers. You can store stuff under crib and it will be hidden by your crib skirt. I bought a large plastic and small plastic under bed. I put extra diapers and misc in there too.

I am actually trying to fit 4-6 of those bins under my changing table! I also have to clean out all of our closets to make space for stuff not needed yet such as toys/ chairs/ etc.

Don't panic too much girls! Babies seriously don't need as much as you think they do! This is my third and I have a rib, cot, plastic drawer unit, the other half of my daughters wardrobe and a nappy stacker. Hat is all I'm using for babies clothes and other items. In the first 4-6 weeks they live in sleep suits and their clothes are so tiny they don't take up much room. I have a double buggy because my babies will only be 18 months apart, and a bouncer chair in the living room. A few toys and that is literally it! You will be seriously surprised how many of the things you buy never get used honestly! Xxx

Baby no.2 on the way and I too am a little nervous. We have her bedroom ready, her clothes is washed and organized. Car seat base installed . . . I think all I have left to do is pack my hospital bags, sterilize the bottles and pacifiers and that is it.

Still nervous though!

Up until now things were manageable, baby has his own nursery and although not as huge as some nurseries we see in magazines etc, it is comfy with lots of storage. But when gifts started coming it got a little overwhelming. I got a few crappy stuff (like a hideous Smurf clock) that I really hate and I think it only adds to the clutter. Surely some things will be returned or donated.

If you're worried about getting too much stuff at baby shower, why don't you ask for a donation towards baby's first savings account? That way if you need anything you could buy it, if you don't they'll be a nice little pot of money when you do.

^ I actually did ask for money, but only my immediate close family gave me cash instead of stupid ugly gifts I will not use.

I return, return, return. Then you can use the credits to get what you really need. :)

Hi Jess! Exciting your baby shower is 2 weeks away! ( will you post some pics on here for me to see???) anyhow, I can see how you might feel this way, if you have limited space. Do parents or in laws live in state? Could you possibly store items you won't use for awhile( high chair, exersaucer, etc) in their basement until those items are needed? Just a thought. Sounds like you are planning well,though, getting bins and an under bed storage container, maybe one for under the crib too( you know the ones that aren't very high, just flat and wide). I'm sure things will all get settled and have a place in the end, but the amount of baby stuff can be overwhelming.

Hi Jess! Exciting your baby shower is 2 weeks away! ( will you post some pics on here for me to see???) anyhow, I can see how you might feel this way, if you have limited space. Do parents or in laws live in state? Could you possibly store items you won't use for awhile( high chair, exersaucer, etc) in their basement until those items are needed? Just a thought. Sounds like you are planning well,though, getting bins and an under bed storage container, maybe one for under the crib too( you know the ones that aren't very high, just flat and wide). I'm sure things will all get settled and have a place in the end, but the amount of baby stuff can be overwhelming.

Jules! We are 30 weeks! Can you believe that? crazy!! yes I will be storing alot of stuff baby has no need for yet at my parents. (they live about 40 minutes away and I will be there ALOT this summer while husband works.) I actually started to wash hand-me downs last night and go through all of that stuff. I have way too many recieving blankets. I think I may donate a bunch I know I wont be needing. I started to make room in our closets for sheets and blankets etc. I also made room in husbands closets for babys outfits and clothes are too big right now. Im slowlyly but surely starting to organize as best as I can. I think I should be okay for the next year :) We plan to move into a house by then and baby will have much more room!

It sounds like you're doing well preparing! Having mom close is great, my parents live about 45 min away. It's awesome. They come to stay with my daughter for doc appointments etc so I dont have to drag a 1 yr old to this stuff. ( She is a super busy girl) My mom also came 2 days a week to watch her when she was a baby, as I worked part time until she turned a year old. Well, I can't wait to have this baby out, we are getting closer! ( although I'm sure mine will go past due, so prolly more than 10 wks for me but..... Still getting closer) baby shower is so exciting, I loved mine with my first! Can't wait to hear about it from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->