Starting tw - one food at a time?

leannehurren

Reaction score
I have hayfever and oh has asthma so I have read that I should introduce new tastes one at a time for a few days to check lo isn't allergic.

Just wondered how realistic this is as there are potentially lots of things to try!

Yeahthey do recommend that all babies are given three days of foods to see if there's a reaction. But it's not that bad. First try rice cereal then add apple on the fourth day. You dont have to give the foods seperately Once you know rice cereal is good then you can add To it. Then do cereal and banana for three days. Then you can do apple and bananas together. It happens pretty quickly once you start mixing tastes together.

Yup, Clara's pediatrician told me to wait 3-4 days to make it easier to identify any food issues. I was only doing one new food a week at first as she has already had a milk protein intolerance, which she has thankfully outgrown. As AlwaysPraying said, it'll go quickly and in no time you'll have a big choice of foods to feed your lol.

I waited the 3 days in between trying new foods. That way you know just what LO is allergic to and can avoid that food in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->