Stay at home job options?

kayandjayplus

Reaction score
Hi! This is a bit early but i'm one who loves to plan ahead. I am 4 wks 3 days pg and I am a little concerned with my work once I go on maternity leave. I'm not so sure if I will want to return to work or become a stay at home mom (i'm leaning more to stay at home) since all of my family is in a different state and DF and i won't be able to find a babysitter i would feel comfortabel with. I wanna keep my portion of income coming in, do you guys have any suggestions for stay at home jobs? any thing will be fine: online, data entry, etc. I think i wanna do some freelance graphic design but i want a reliable job also with a constant income. Any LEGITIMATE sites with job postings? or do u all know of anyone or anywhere directly i can contact? thanks!

If you find something let me know!
I've been a stay at home mom for 2 yrs now, and would love some part time at home work. Most things I've found are scams, pyrimid schemes, or things I just wouldn't be able to make money doing ( selling Mary Kay, etc)
I want something so bad, but it's hard!

I do hits on Amazon Mturk and make several hundred a month when I apply myself. Usually it's surveys posted by big universities looking for opinions/data from regular people. Best part is I get to choose which ones I want to do, and when I want to do them. It's definitely not like a regular job, but I make enough to pay off my student loans and have some spending/fun money on top of hubby's salary/benefits. :)

You do have to claim your earnings on your tax return though. (if you're US, anyway)

If you want a more structured position, check out Work Place Like Home. People are always posting work from home jobs on there. :flower:

Can you explain the amazon thing a little more please?? Or where to go to get info or to sign up? Do you have to pay to be in it?

If you find something let me know!
I've been a stay at home mom for 2 yrs now, and would love some part time at home work. Most things I've found are scams, pyrimid schemes, or things I just wouldn't be able to make money doing ( selling Mary Kay, etc)
I want something so bad, but it's hard!

yes! these are my exact sentiments, it seems like everything is pyramid or a scam or just quick money with no real longevity :( . i will let you know what i find but i am looking into entrepreneurial things (opening a kids boutique, etc) but would really love something with constant income!

I do hits on Amazon Mturk and make several hundred a month when I apply myself. Usually it's surveys posted by big universities looking for opinions/data from regular people. Best part is I get to choose which ones I want to do, and when I want to do them. It's definitely not like a regular job, but I make enough to pay off my student loans and have some spending/fun money on top of hubby's salary/benefits. :)

You do have to claim your earnings on your tax return though. (if you're US, anyway)

If you want a more structured position, check out . People are always posting work from home jobs on there. :flower:

yes i'd love to hear more about the amazon thing? and are the job postings legitimate as in does the site regulate and monitor the postings to make sure they are safe?

Can you explain the amazon thing a little more please?? Or where to go to get info or to sign up? Do you have to pay to be in it?

It's run by Amazon; you do have to sign up but it doesn't cost anything. You do have to provide your SSN for tax purposes, and you can't withdraw any of the money for the first 10 days. I think there are several ways to get the money you earn, but I just have them deposit it into my checking account.

I recommend checking out the Reddit forum "Hits worth turking for" and doing those hits first, since they're the ones people have found to be the best payout versus time. Otherwise I search for "survey" and set it at .25 cents or something like that, and work the hits that look the easiest. In the mornings there are usually several surveys that pay $1+ for less than 10 minutes, those are my favorites. :) The more hits you do the more you qualify for, since some requesters only want people that have done 1,000/5,000+ etc.

There are other things you can do on there as well, like data entry, audio transcription, etc. I just prefer the surveys since they don't require much beyond answering questions, and I can do them quickly. Just be aware that some requestors don't pay right away and it could take up to a week. But it's legit, I've made almost $1000 just puttering around these last couple of months when I've felt like it.

Here's the website if you want to check it out!

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

If you want a more structured position, check out . People are always posting work from home jobs on there. :flower:

yes i'd love to hear more about the amazon thing? and are the job postings legitimate as in does the site regulate and monitor the postings to make sure they are safe?

Most are legit from what I've seen, but I'm sure there are scams. I stick with what the universities post and haven't had a problem. There are other jobs like data entry/transcriptions/etc (if you've heard of the app Checkout 51, they use workers on Mturk to process the receipts people submit - I did some of those when working on getting my total hits above 1,000 :haha:) as well. There's also a website that lets your review requestors, so if you're worried you can check to see if there has been anything negative posted before you do the hit. :flower:

https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/

wow!!!! this sounds amazing..so basically it's a marketplace site of some sort that allows employers to pay you for surveys, transcriptions, etc? or would we get paid through amazon? sorry for all the ?s

wow!!!! this sounds amazing..so basically it's a marketplace site of some sort that allows employers to pay you for surveys, transcriptions, etc? or would we get paid through amazon? sorry for all the ?s

Exactly! There are a lot of options to choose from, especially with the data entry. Just make sure to complete the hit as requested, since they can reject you and that can affect which hits you're allowed to do. Amazon pays you, the requestors don't have any information on you beyond your worker ID and whatever information you provide them in a hit (most just want age/gender/country/etc for demographics). Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions! :flower:

thanks so much i am definitely going to look into this!! i think i'm gonna start doing these now to have even more money for baby :)

Thank you for this info!! I'm early in my pregnancy too, but already thinking about not coming back to work. BUT I would need to make some extra income to pay my student loans and car payment.

This is a great post. I want to work from home too once lo gets here

i plan on opening up a daycare when we move God willing im able to do it. Who knows how i will feel. Im also starting a tshirt biz soon. theres a lot of things u can do on your own instead of working for someone. I like being abbe to work at my own pace. You can even bake and sell cakes : ) . it mights seem funny and or silly, but once ur name gets out, it can be very lucrative.

i plan on opening up a daycare when we move God willing im able to do it. Who knows how i will feel. Im also starting a tshirt biz soon. theres a lot of things u can do on your own instead of working for someone. I like being abbe to work at my own pace. You can even bake and sell cakes : ) . it mights seem funny and or silly, but once ur name gets out, it can be very lucrative.

you're totally right about the baking..i didn't even think of that! That could totally be a great income provided the marketing is official and word of mouth is the best marketing. i'm so glad to hear other ladies wanting to also do stay at home work, glad to know i'm not alone. i want to spend every waking second w the lo and do fun things with him/her and i don't want work to stop me from that. i might really look into the baking gig. i was also thinking of something like planning kid parties or event planning in general.

you're totally right about the baking..i didn't even think of that! That could totally be a great income provided the marketing is official and word of mouth is the best marketing. i'm so glad to hear other ladies wanting to also do stay at home work, glad to know i'm not alone. i want to spend every waking second w the lo and do fun things with him/her and i don't want work to stop me from that. i might really look into the baking gig. i was also thinking of something like planning kid parties or event planning in general.
thats a good idea as well good luck :):happydance:

If you're crafty, you could consider something like Etsy! I have an Etsy shop now (custom hand stamped jewelry, aprons, etc). and I make money every month. Might be enough to support me when my precious one gets here so I can quit my full time job!

I am starting a work from home job, unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do it without someone helping with DS anyway. I will be doing customer support for Turbo Tax Nov - Apr. It's full time and pays well.

I am also signed up for flexjobs, it costs money but there is a money back guarantee, it was only $20 for 3 months and they say they weed out all the scams. I have found two jobs on there in two weeks, one I applied for and one was already filled by the time I found it.

awesome post... will have to give those websites a try ;)

Thank you ladies for the info!

My husband works in television and they always need good transcriptionists. My BFF did it for a few years while her kids were little.
If you type fast and come in ahead of deadline you will usually get a lot of work.
It is great, legit, stay at home wodk. The problem is it isn't totally 100% steady and reliable. Some weeks nobody will have anything for you and if you are good it will still take a little while for you to get established (they will only give you a few to do at first).
It is perfect when combined with something else like babysitting or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->