Steampunk/Victorian on a budget!!!

Calasen

LTTTC :*(
Reaction score
Eeeekkkkk Have made it official!!!

We are getting married on 25th August 2012!!!!

We have a very limited budget of around £400 meep!!

But considering I love crafts and we want an alternative wedding its not too bad :)

We aren't having a DJ and are providing our own music (OH's brother is a DJ so has the license) The venue is our local community centre where MIL is on commitee so get that free. We aren't doing a sit down meal, but a buffet, and are providing sweets and games for the children.

The scariest bit so far is I am making my own dress!

For those of you interested I am writing a blog to keep track of it all :)

[URL="https://steampunkdiywedding.blogspot.com/"]my blog[/URL]

Fab blog - i love all the homemade stuff!! We got married 10.08.11 and spent a grand total of 1500! We did everything ourselves and got some great bargains along the way! We had a lunch buffet, but got caterers in in the end! We had 60 guests (max at wedding venue) and we had considered doing the buffet ourselves, but sooo glad we didn't in the end! Was up til 3am the night before making the button holes and bouquets so there wasn't much time for anythinge else! hehe! had a fab day though and it was nice to come back from honeymoon without any debt!!

good luck with your plans!!

Edit: Also, my mum made my dress! It was fantastic and all in all the materials were around 300 quid! It can be done! hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->