Sterilising abroad?

Hannahk

Reaction score
Hi! Wondered if anyone could help? We go to menorca on monday and I'm confused over sterilising. What water would you use? I've got a travel steriliser and Milton tablets, but would you use the local tap water or bottled? I was unsure if the tablets would sterilise the water too?

Some types if bottled water are not recommend , give the formula company a call, you will find the number on the packet. Hope 5hat helps.

use spring water not mineral

Use shop bought water and amazon have cheap sterilising bags you can reuse them and you get about 3, just add a few dribbles of water and seal dead easy does 2 botts at a time here - xx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindam-442...f=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1307085927&sr=8-3

Do you mean for sterilising the bottles or for making up the formula?

I would have thought (but haven't researched this, so I don't know for certain...) Milton would be fine for tapwater or bottled, but I think you need to be careful about what water you use for making up the formula - some bottled water has too much salt in it I think.

Do you mean for sterilising the bottles or for making up the formula?

I would have thought (but haven't researched this, so I don't know for certain...) Milton would be fine for tapwater or bottled, but I think you need to be careful about what water you use for making up the formula - some bottled water has too much salt in it I think.

Yeah I meant for sterilising. I assumed the Milton would sterilise, and would then rinse in boiled tap water, but so confused! I would buy bottled to make up the feeds, and think you have to look for salt content below 20mg per litre I think it was.

You dont need to rinse after using milton. I will be sterilising with bottled water and microwave bags.

We're going to Menorca next Friday :)

I bought the single use sterilising bags to save space. Each sachet just has a bag and a sterilising tablet and it says on it fine to use with foreign water. I assume the sterilising tablet sorts out any issues that there would be with drinking it?

I wouldn't rinse after sterilising though - would assume it would undo the sterilising.

Makes me glad I don't believe in sterilizing. I simply use soap and hot water whenever I travel.

We got back from costa del sol last week and we used the tap water to sterilize, And to start with we used bottled water for the formula, then we checked if the water was ok and it was so we used the tap water for bottles and she was fine xx

We go to Majorca in 4 weeks and Ive bought Milton tablets, I also plan to buy bottled water to boil, wash the bottles in, and to mix with formula. :flower:

How old is your baby?
If the baby is over 6 months you dont need to sterilize,but I would use tap water with the milton tablets in as they kill all germs,then bottled water to make up the milk,boiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"