Sterilising bottles

Hanna

Reaction score
I am not too keen on sterilising bottles using tablets which contain all sorts of chemicals. I have read that for most healthy babies it is not really necessary to sterilise bottles. Washing them should be enough or sterilising in a pan of hot water.
What do you all think?

XX

I use a steam steriliser hun and have since LO was born 7 months ago.

I'd never use a cold water sterliser that require tablets with chemicals in either - I totally agree.

If you're unhappy to use a steriliser at all, I think it can be done using boiling water but I opted to use a steam sterliser and love it!

xxx

Use a steam steriliser, or simply boil the bottles in a pan on the hob - that's how our parents did it :) And I soooo agree with you about not wanting to use sterilising tablets - would YOU want to drink out of a bottle that smells of swimming pools?

I didn't want to use chemicals either so I have a steam sterilser :)

I just asked my mom how she did mine when i was little and apparently washing the bottle teats with a bit of salt and washing it off after with loads of water and then putting it all in a boiling pan for 5 minuets is what she did if you use the brown teats they turn them white but other than that they are all sterrile.
hth xx

steam steriliser that goes in the microwave I've found to be brilliant, but I know if you have a small microwave they might not fit in, but you can get electric steam sterilisers also :)

Here it's not recommended so much like there to sterilize, I mean clean yeah, but we don't HAVE to sterilize bottles..and we don't do the boiled cooled water either, unless you live somewhere the water isn't that great or something. But I did still sterilize just not everytime, I would wash with really hot water between uses then like once a week boil them all just in regular water, that sterilizes them without using anything

I use a steam steriliser, I think the sterilising tablets smell foul!

I am going to look into steam sterilizers or I may just stick to the water and pan solution as I am trying to cut costs.

You could get one second hand, would be a lot cheaper, ebay or somewhere. It would be a lot less hassle than using a pan I think. :thumbup:

I am going to look into steam sterilizers or I may just stick to the water and pan solution as I am trying to cut costs.

you can usually pick up a tomee tipee microwave steam steriliser at home bargains or the asda baby event (there is one on now) for £10 :hugs:

sara

xxxxx

i went off the idea of using a cold water steriliser when i tried it and the soloution totally stained the top i had on

i was like and im not suppost to rince this before it goes in my baby's mouth, if it can stain my clothes whats it doing to my baby's insides

so i use a steam one, i saw the one sara mentioned £10 asda baby avent very good deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->