Sterilising dummies

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, how does everyone keep their dummies sterile? I put them all in the steriliser and as I need one take it out but then I have to put the steriliser on again as I opened it. This isnt ideal so I was wondering how else I could keep them sterile?

thanks

Sorry totally forum hopping, but i found a dummy steriliser in boots, its small so can fit two in, and it just steams them in the microwave. Hope this helps!

Errr, maybe I'm really bad but I have never worried that much about keeping dummies sterile. I just give her a fresh one out of the steriliser about once a day, and if it gets dropped on the floor or something.

Lots of information can be found here about this :) why and how

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/sterilising/

Wow...I must be awful! I've only ever sterilized Charlotte's binkies ONCE...like...in her lifetime. I've never sterilized Austins. If I went and cleaned it off or got a new one every time they dropped it or something then that is all I would be doing all the live long day! Obviously I'll clean it if it drops in something really gross or it gets nasty, but otherwise...it just goes back in their mouths. Never had a problem with it, they've never gotten sick from it. IMO they gotta build an immune system and keeping them away from all germs is just not going to help them in the long run. Gotta get some somehow otherwise they'll never be able to fight them off

All i do is sterilise her dummies of a morning ( she has 3), give her one and leave the other too on the side. I only change them if it drops on the floor and it gets dirty, otherwise she keeps the same one untill bedtime when i give her a new one.

If it drops i suck it myself and give it her back, i dont like to be too 'clean' otherwise shell get every illness going! I do have the dummy sterile cases which i use when we go out.

x

I wash them with soap and hot water when they need it. Every once in a while I put them in the microwave sterilizer or dish washer. But most of the time I just wash them by hand.

we put them in the steriliser. she has a clean one once a day. we have avent ones which come with little clip on covers. if she drops the dummy in the house i give it back to her i know the house is clean and hoovered every day. if we are out though and she drops it we give her a clean one.

Ours just sit in a the cold water sterilizer and I take them out when needed.

Ours just sit in a the cold water sterilizer and I take them out when needed.

Same here, although I have started to sterilize them less as she is now starting to crawl and eats everything in sight.

I sterilize them, and if it drops on the floor or something I just boil the kettle and tip the hot water on the end.

Have you tried Milton sterilizing tablets? you just add a tablet to water and the water stays sterile for 24 hours, you just drop your bottle/teat/dummy in and it takes fifteen mins to sterilize.

If i was going out i would just sterilize before i went out and keep in a little plastic box i got when i bought the dummy.

i dont think you need to worry so much about keeping the dummys sterile its more for the bottles/teats etc because of the milk.

I dont think i even bothered after a couple of months

I used to sterilize once a day, but now, I do it whenever I remember. I usually just wash it, or rinse it off with hot water.

When liam took a dummy when he was little i kept a tub full of milton and changed it daily just so i didnt have to go through having to sterilise everything again altough i do make up his bottles in advance. I think everything should be sterilised for at least the first 6 months i now only sterilise his bottles and wash his juice cups in the dishwasher and make them straight away. Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->