Sterilising

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I haven't bought a steriliser as I plan on breast feeding exclusively to start with and so will only get one when it's needed. However, I've got a couple of dummies (pacifiers) for baby in case she wants them. I guess the dummies need sterilising in some way but I'm not sure what's the easiest and most effective way of doing it. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Boiling hot water maybe? I'm not sure as with my first dd I planned on Brest feeding but also bought a few bottles and a cheap steriliser just incase and I'm glad I did as I had a lot of problems breast feeding. I plan on trying again with this baby tho :)

You could get a pack of sterilizing tablets that you mix with cold water because you could use any container to sterilize them in rather than buying a sterilizer X. X

Get a dummy steriliser. It goes in the microwave e and sterilised in 30 seconds. Holds up to 6 dummies I think.

Thanks for the advice. I've never heard of dummy sterilisers before but I've had a look at them and they seem really good they even do one that you can use whilst your out and attach it to the pushchair. I don't think I'll get anything like that until I know if baby likes to use the dummy as ideally I'd prefer her not to have one so I think I might get some sterilising tables that I can just use in any container to sterlise the new dummies I've got. I'm not sure about using boiling water I think I'd be worried I hadn't done it right or for long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->