Stick to routine when LO is ill?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Red Rose, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Red Rose

Red Rose Well-Known Member

LO has been poorly with a cold for a few days now. She has slept a lot today and only drank about 15oz all day and puked a bit of that back up :( Really worried about her! Phoned HV up this AM and she said not to worry & gavee some advice.

She has been asleep in living room for the last 2 hours and her bedtime is due in 45 mins. I'm thinking it's best to throw routine out the window with her being poorly and let her sleep. Want to wake her up for a feed in a minute though to get some fluids down her. What would you do?

2. FLUMPY1984

FLUMPY1984 Well-Known Member

i would abolish routine while shes ill hun your right. Your also right in waking her for her feed to make sure she gets her milk for her strength etc. Hope she gets better soon x

3. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

Routine goes outof the window here when they are poorly. I always figure sleep is good and let mine sleep as much as they want.

Keep trying to get fluids into her though. Even if she only takes a little at a time

*hugs* its horrible when they are poorly

hope she feels better soon

xx

4. Red Rose

Red Rose Well-Known Member

Thanks! :( I'd much rather let her take the lead. I know all I wanna do when I'm poorly is sleep.

5. hannahR

hannahR Hollie aged three ttc no2

Yep agree with the others...dont worry about the routine, when she is better she will fall back into it. xxx

6. CormacksGirl

CormacksGirl Mum to Adam & #2 on the w

I was gonna post something similar so thanx for posting, hope LO feels better soon!!x

7. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

when LO is poorly i stick to the routine where possible so not to throw it completely out of window, still put him down for bed the same time (unless he was already asleep then i wouldnt disturb) but that's never happened