Sticking together until we all get prego!

melewen

Reaction score
Hi ladies
When I was TTCing my first, I had a super tight knit group of ladies to go through it with. I'm looking for another group! We stayed closed even after our babies were born. Comment here if you're interested in a group to help you through the ups and downs of TTCing :)

I'd love to join in! We're just starting to try for #2 (and hoping for a girl) too. :)

I'd like to join also! I have a 17 month old daughter and have been TTC for about a year.

I'm in! We are TTC our first, on my second cycle.

Sorsha that's so cool! What are you doing to sway for a girl?

I'd like to join.

Cycle 4 TTC#1. I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday, just need a couple more high temps for FF to confirm it.

I wish I could play it cool during the TWW but I can't. lol I have about 20 HPTs ready to go. Trying to hold out until 9dpo. Last cycle I waited until 8dpo so my goal is to do 1 day better. That's achievable right?!

I'm from Massachusetts, US. Not really sure where I am at in my cycle. I haven't tracked anything except my cycle length, which has not been that consistent each month since having my DD last year. I guestimate I O'd on Monday and have been symptom spotting/driving myself crazy since then, but BFN so far. I expect AF around August 2nd.

How about everyone else??

Dream - It's so hard to play it cool during the TWW, you're certainly not alone! Holding out until 9 DPO is hard, but you can do it!!:thumbup:

Dream ha! I love that you're so honest. I was weirdly chill this cycle (until like two days ago!) and it was pretty nice. I held out til what I thought was 10dpo I think. Bfn :(

Where's everyone in their cycle?

My LP used to be 11 days and then I took progesterone cream a couple months ago, LP was 9 days, last month 10 days. I started vitamin b6 this month and I've had a 12 day LP so far... had an almost positive OPK this am but bfns srill. So confusing. I guess I should just be happy that my LP is longer!!

I'm in Ontario, Canada. Currently CD5. My cycles are a tad irregular but since I've been keeping close track in the last few months have all been about 30 days. FertilityFriend expects me to O on August 2nd.

I'm not 100% sure how this cycle will go, though, as I had uterine polyps removed earlier in July, which messed with AF a bit. (It showed up when expected but has been a lot shorter than usual--I usually have at least a light bleed through CD7, but it was gone by mid-day today.) I'm planning to start testing with OPKs around CD10 to give me a better idea of my O date. :)

And yes, waiting to test is so hard! My plan is to hold out until at least 10 dpo, but we'll see if that sticks...

Sorsha that's so cool! What are you doing to sway for a girl?

Nothing super intense. Mostly following Shettles in terms of BD timing, position, etc. I'm already eating a low-fat and low-sodium diet to try to lose weight, but I've read that's also good for encouraging girls. I take cranberry extract regularly anyway because I'm UTI-prone, and I've added a calcium and magnesium supplement.

Not sure how long we'll stick with the Shettles timing, since that also makes it less likely to conceive in general. DH's family has a habit of going boy-girl (he has a younger sister; his dad remarried and had a boy and then a girl, DH's sister had a boy and then a girl), so maybe that pattern would hold for us anyway... And I expect I'll get impatient. :) I'd really like to have a spring baby!

Your signature says you're trying for a girl too--what strategies are you using?

Sorsha we're doing the Babydust Method. It's really the only sway info out there that felt actually science based, ha! The plan is super close to shettles (he just thought it was about sperm speed, when it's about how they lose some part around the head... or something) and you add in frequency too. I'm with you though, I feel like eventually I'll get impatient and be like ugh let's just do it more! I'm trying to hold out though. We have SO many girls in my family, and DH's too, really, but since I have a son I feel like I can only imagine having boys!

So AF came this am :( I got that pink tinged cm last night so I kind of got over my bummer then BUT on the plus side my LP was 12 or 13 days! It's NEVER been that long! And I ov'd a bit early, too, which I like. I had super light cramps so much of my LP so hopefully now I won't use those for symptom spotting :rofl: same with OPKs! Looks like I'll O on the 8th or 9th. Wonder when the full moon is

Hi everyone! I'm from North Carolina and we are trying for our first. I stopped BC pills on 5/21 and was lucky enough to ovulate a few weeks later (they said it sometimes takes 1-3 months for it to get out of your system- I took them for 15 years). I ovulated on day 30 that cycle and AF came on day 41ish.

This cycle I ovulated on day 19 and am currently 3dpo so I'm in that horrible TWW.

We are hoping for a boy and while we aren't really following the Shettles method, we are doing a few things from it to help to sway things. We aren't following the timing part because it's hard enough to get pregnant, I don't want to limit ourselves to only BDing one day during the fertile window.

Jwc welcome! I think actually bding multiple times is good for a boy! We were definitely bding a lot when we conceived my son �� I'm so hopeful for us all!

This probably sounds silly but the Chinese calendar was right for me, my mom, and my best friend and it says if I conceive any time before January it'll be a girl. I know it's probably not always right but I'm really hopeful. I just want to experience both :)

Cd1 though.... the worst day in all of TTCing I think. Ugh!

Out of curiosity I looked at the Chinese calendar and it says that I'll have a boy if I conceive any time before March, so let's hope that it is right for both of us!

I'm from the north west of England and ttc no 2. Hoping for AF to show up soon so we can try everything we can this month.

heyyyy, lemme in? :) im ttc pregnancy #3, child #2. it'll be my fiances first bio kid. im on cycle two and my stick is SO CLOSE to positive today so i suspect i will have a positive OPK by tonight/tomorrow morning. not feeling super pumped about it. i just dont think this is our cycle. my ovulation crept up on us and we've only had sex once yesterday, and we will do it today and probably tomorrow, tuesday too if the stick is still positive. idk.

all my other info is in my siggy i suppose. :p

Sadako did your vvfl fade? I haven't checked the other thread yet

Hi mothers love!! Don't count this cycle out just yet :D that's how I felt with my son!

JWC I hope it's right again for me and right for you! We also had sex multiple times in the window, especially the day of O. And I drank lots of banana smoothies and carrot juice! Have you tried the ring test? It's super woowoo but it's weirdly worked for tons of people. You put your wing on a strand of your hair and wave it in between each finger then hold it still over your palm (one hand down on a table). If it goes in circles you'll have a boy, straight line girl, etc. It worked for me EVERY time with my son. I tried it recently and got boy girl girl so uhhhh I hope that's right! I can show you a video which makes way more sense than how I've explained it :rofl:

Mel - boo for AF, but Yay for new beginnings. I'm always torn with emotion CD1 but it is somewhat refreshing for me.

JWC - welcome. I too am in the dreaded TWW. CD22- 3dpo. Do you have any hobbies? lol I desperately need one, especially at this time of the cycle.

DH and I are also hoping for a boy, in a perfect world we would have only boys but we aren't doing anything to sway that way except crossing our fingers and prayer. Like you said JWC, we don't want to limit ourselves and really just want to get preggo with #1.

i am still awaiting a temp spike to confirm my ovulation.. sadly i slept thru my alarm this morning and didnt get to temp. :(

both me and my fiance are VERY sore and not looking forward to having sex again tonight. (i thought this was the "funpart"...*rolls eyes*)

however, we DID do it last night and we WILL try to tonight. so im feeling more hopeful. my opk is still positive as of 11:30am today. i'm gonna be testing the surge out, last time i dont know if i just stopped at my first positive or what as i stopped recording them. annoying past me.

my CM seems to match up better this month than it did last month, so.. that could be good? :)

i will be guzzling pineapple juice and sunflower seeds in hopes that it helps implantation for the next week.
good luck everyone!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->