Sticky eye

aileymouse

Mummy to Amber & Georgia
Reaction score
Hi, my four month old has a sticky eye/conjunctivitis.

I know when they are newborns they say breastmilk is good for it, but what about now at 4 months?

I've been using cooled boiled water, but now it's looking quite bad

TIA xxx

It doesnt matter the age. Breastmilk has anti bacterial properties. My dd has the same. Its a bit better the it used to be. Also gently rubbing around the clogged tear duct should help.If its red and puffy it might be infected, so you should call her Dr.

sorry to invade your thread but... since BM is great for sticky eyes and i remember reading its fab for wounds too, is it ok to dab some on my babys face on the little spots she has? its a mix of newborn rash and little pimples from excess hormones still, will a dabbing with BM help them clear up?

what do you do once you have squirted in the milk? leave it surrounding the eye and drenching the lashes or dab the area dry with cotton wool? xx

my midwife/paed suggested warm salty water and just gently rub the shut eyes if breast milk doesn't appear to help.

I think its good for practically everything, including rashy areas on face or diaper rash

I just squirted milk onto a piece of cotton wool and used that. Baby wriggled about too much for me to aim it straight in! We were also told to try some Johnson's baby shampoo on it. I couldn't bring myself to do it but apparently it does help.

breastmilk is magic stuff , ive actually expressed some colustrum this week for EJ's nappy rash and its cleared it right up

Well I put some on last night and have seen an improvement already this morning :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->