Still a chance for BFP after weird & short AF?

MamaLilith

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I hope I am in the right place for this and I was hoping to hear some input or experiences from others. I am making myself crazy reading other forums and Google so I thought it was time to ask about my own experience. I have recently stopped using protection with my bf (not particularly TTC, but also not avoiding it) so we haven't really gotten into tracking anything such as BBT or ovulation, etc. The last time we had a BD was on the 20th this month. AF would normally be due right about now, but on the 26th I noticed some brown discharge throughout the day which turned into light darkish red bleeding in the evening. The next morning on the 27th I had what I seemed like a medium flow AF with some cramping the whole day but still dark red/brownish in color. On the following day it was very light again, dark brown in color, and then diminished to brown spotting only when I wiped. I haven't had anything since and this is completely out of the ordinary for me. I'm used to a 5 to 6 day AF that is heavy the first 3 days with a lot of cramping. I've also never seen brown spotting with AF before. I tested this afternoon with FRER and got a BFN. I'm thinking it's too early regardless of the status. I'll wait another few days to a week to test again just to be sure. Has anyone else had what they thought to be a weird AF but ended up with a BFP? Thanks so much in advance! :)

Did you come off the BCP? If so it could be due to this.

Did you come off the BCP? If so it could be due to this.

Hi Jessie, thank you for the input! I actually haven't been on BCP for about 10 years near now and I can't think of any other factors that would make my AF so light and weird like that. I got a BFN today again with FMU, but I'm also unsure of what DPO I'm at which I understand is critical in testing. I will try my best to wait a week and test again :)

Here is my test from this morning, btw. DB swears he sees the faintest line, but I think it's just hopeful eyes playing tricks on us.

Attachments

• 476aab93-0779-450e-847b-809727a2b8e3.jpg
    476aab93-0779-450e-847b-809727a2b8e3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member