Still BF at a year! and a question

PitaKat

Reaction score
My boy turns one year old today :cloud9: He's still primarily BF though he also eats meals with the family. He just loves food, of any kind :haha:

I haven't gotten my period back yet. I had a day of excruciating menstrual cramps, way worse than what I had before I was pregnant, so I was thinking AF was on her way, but 4 days later, I'm still waiting. Anyone had this experience? Am I going to get my period soon or what? :shrug:

I'm in the same boat, my DD is only 7 months though but she has slept through the night since 5 months so I think the last time I fed in the night was one off 1 month ago. I've been having loads of menstrual cramps for the last few days and keep on expecting AF but nothing yet! And much worse then they use to be too. So want to see what anyone else says.

Happy 1st birthday for your DS!

Me too, Charlie, I hope someone has some insight for us! It makes sense for the cramps to accompany the period, seems strange to just get the cramps :wacko:

It is possible to ovulate while BFing and to not get a period. So perhaps you did have a period just without the blood. I didn't have that experience but I know that it does happen

Hm, interesting. I didn't realize it was possible to ovulate then not get a period afterwards.

ive gotten cramps too a couple times now.. just took some painkillers and are finally going away... i noticed i got a round of cramps the same week i got my IUD last month so i thought that might have been related to that (or AF) and the cramps i just had, whew, i'm very surprised theres no blood!?

Just an update, I got my period yesterday, Yay! No more wondering when it's coming or worrying that it'll catch me off guard. So far it's light without any cramping or pain *knock on wood!* pretty much like what I had before I got pregnant :)

Ah, yep no more wondering for you :) I still haven't had anything, had more cramps about 10 days ago that were worse but nothing since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->