Still bleeding...6 weeks after birth!

Sadie92

Wife,Mummy & TTC No2
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if this is normal.....!

I do have my doctors appointment coming up so will discuss it with her....but just thought id post here too.

Exactly 6 weeks after a perfectly normal birth i am still bleeding very lightly. I go maybe a day or 2 without anything and then it starts again....

Anyone had this?

Thanks

x

I didn't but I remember my friend saying she bled till 7 weeks after birth!

i had exactly the same thing. it almost stopped at 4 weeks but then started again. i bled on and off for 5 and a bit wks. went to see my gp and she said it can sometimes take longer but as long as it wasn't lots and lots of blood, or foul smelling discharge or pain.

Im still bleeding too, on friday 5 weeks since giving birth, I dont bleed only a little. Its either nothing or quite a lot (well quite a lot being soon 5 weeks after giving birth, but nothing as close to as days after giving birth but like the last days of period).

:hi:

Me too

Evie was 6 weeks on Saturday and im still bleeding or something ive got a fair bit of discharge that i need a pad for but i also get the end of period blood too ive even got a little bit of nappy rash from my pads :dohh:
xx

Riley is 6 weeks today and iv stil got brown stuff coming out of me, the joys of havin babies :lol:

sorry to put a downer on you ladies with my daughter i bleed for 11weeks an my son is now 7 weeks an am still bleedin some days can be a lot others can be hardly anything there i guess every1's body is diffrent xx

Its the normal quoted time to bleed after birth is 6 weeks but this just an average.x

6 weeks is about as long as I bled for, though after the first week or so it was thin, brownish stuff rather than scary blood, and by the end it was more yellow and hardly visible.

I bled until nearly 8 weeks - it was always as heavy as a normal period but then just stopped completely.. As long as the discharge doesnt smell or is accompanied by bad tummy pains its fine according to my HV x

Hi All,

I was wondering if this is normal.....!

I do have my doctors appointment coming up so will discuss it with her....but just thought id post here too.

Exactly 6 weeks after a perfectly normal birth i am still bleeding very lightly. I go maybe a day or 2 without anything and then it starts again....

Anyone had this?

Thanks

x

yes me too. it had pretty much stopped not long after 6 weeks, then had proper period a few weeks later :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->