Still breastfeeding toddler, finally got my BFP!

Cangaroo

Reaction score
DD is now 2 years 9 months and still breastfeeding, including at night. We TTC for almost a year up until last summer with no success. AF only returned halfway through that time and then my cycles were very irregular. All due to breastfeeding, I knew. Our circumstances changed, so we had a 6 month break from TTC. In that time, my cycles finally became regular (though short at 25 days).

We started trying again in January. No luck on cycle 1. I was away at the beginning of this month and we didn't try particularly hard when I got back. I got to CD30 (very pleased thinking my luteal phase must be lengthening), then had some bleeding and thought AF was here. AF never really got going, though. I'd have a light bleed, then nothing for ages. This was similar to last time I was pregnant, so I took a test but it was BFN. That was Wednesday afternoon after having a big drink and actually I probably didn't leave it long enough.

This morning, I plucked up the courage to test again and got a very clear BFP! I'm so excited! OH is away so I can't tell anyone which is very annoying!

I've been trying to cut my daughter's feeding down so I could get pregnant, and was coming to slightly resent her feeding frequently, but now I can relax and let her carry on! Due date 14th November, when my daughter will be 3.5. So pleased!

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:

Congrats - i have just fallen pregnant whilst breastfeeding as well. hoping to let her keep going now for a while longer.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->