Still can't quite believe I'm having a baby...anyone else?

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
Really close to EDD now but still can't quite get my head around it!!

Had our antenatal class on Saturday and all major events out of the way ( family wedding the weekend before)

Over the weekend we got more things ready and I got a whole load of nappies out next to where changing will be going on

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited which I am but it still feels REALLY surreal...anyone else feel like this??

I gave birth almost 10 months ago and every morning I still wake up and look at my dd and think "is she really mine? Did I really Carry her and give birth to her?". The wonder of it never goes away.

So in short I know exactly how you feel, inwas luggin heavy boxes round at 42wks pregnant because I didn't quite beleive I had a baby inside me!

Yeah, i was like that with my son - i knew there were body parts in me, but the concept of baby didn't really sink in! This time i thought i would feel differently, but i still don;t believe there is a real life, fully formed, blinking, yawning and separate individual in me. I seem to accept it more when it's other people than if it's happening to me!!! I just can't imagine being a Mum of 2 either and having another baby around. It's so weird.

Me i feel the same, i still cant get my head around the fact i will be a mummy this xmas, never last xmas did i exxpect this :)

x

glad it's not just me :D

so tomorrow I'm 37 weeks and baby could arrive anytime, yikes!!!!

I'm feeling the same, I really ought to have my head around the idea by now :haha:

x

i'm still in shock that i am pregnant too.. its hard to believe sometimes but im really excited about 10 weeks to go

Yep, I feel like this! Due on Monday and everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited....which I am, but it still kinda doesn't feel real. I think if I really understood there was an actual baby inside me, it would freak me out too much :)
Also, I can't sustain excitement for that long a period, and it could still be two weeks yet...

Yeah me to! :) I get odd moments when I think christ i having a baby! Scares me for a few minutes and then its gone again :p Just doesnt seem real :)

yep me too, cant get my head round it at all, im nowhere near prepared, then when i think of so many people i know, who have had their baby at 37 weeks, thats like WEEKS AWAY!!!!wowza!!!!!!!

This is an old thread. But this is exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Anyone else?

yes- me! Mind you my pregnancy was unplanned/unexpected and totally caught me by surprise and still does some days! I love my growing belly and can't believe there is a little boy in there!

I feel the same to... I see the original poster is 27 weeks pregnant now so she may pop in

After ttc for 6 years I wake up every morning I think " I can't believe it, I'm pregnsnt"
And I think once babies here, I will never believe or it it will never feel real that I got pregnsnt and carried a baby for 9 months.
X

Glad to see this thread. Surreal is right. I still find like the thought of having a baby hasn't hit me yet. I feel like I'm going through the motions, getting stuff ready, but seems so bizarre thinking about looking at my newborn son and bringing him home. Totally surreal. I'm glad I'm not alone.

That feeling never goes away. This is my 5th, so people assume that because you have other kids you should just fall in step, well I guess that would be right if my youngest wasn't 5 and in school allday So it still seems weird giving that my others are way older and on top of it all this one is a boy our oldest is a boy and he is 13 now so I expected another girl since that is how it was going and now that I know its a boy. I feel like I am not sure what to do with him very awkward and exciting. (excuse long rant:blush:)

I feel the same way! Wednesday if he is not here by then he will be forcefully evicted so I guess that is when everything will become real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->