Still haven't been to the doctors

Kirstin

Reaction score
I'm 5w 5days today and I still haven't been, is this bad? with work and uni theres only a few days per week I can go BUT you can only book an appointment on the day between 8.30 and 9am but I was being sick the entire time and didn't realise what time it was:( My next attempt is Friday when I'll be 6 weeks, I'm worried its going to be so late I'm going to end up with a late midwife appointment :(

I wouldn't worry - they'll always slot you in somewhere. Sure some ladies don't even find out till after 6 weeks and they get appointments :)

hi, theres nothing to worry about. I went to the docs between 4-5 weeks preggers, and was appointed a midwife to visit me at 8 weeks, however I changed location, therefore doc surgery, so had to be referred AGAIN and so didn't receive my letter for midwife appointment and scan date untill I was 11 weeks, scan today and first midwife appointment when I will be 14 weeks. So there isn't no rush.x

I didnt even find out until I was 8 weeks last time, they managed to get me all in and I had my first scan when I was 12w 2d if i remember correctly, it'll all be OK

Don't worry... I didn't make an appointment until 7 weeks and I've been fine. The whole system is geared up for women who have busy lives, jobs, families etc...

don't worry, i didn't find out I was pregnant for a while, by the time I had a doc appointment I was 7/8 weeks gone

I was worried about this. I didn't find out til 7 weeks, saw doc at 8weeks, then moved house and had to register with a new gp. Luckily, the midwife was brilliant, got back to me straight away and fitted me in for the next day, and even spent over 2 hours with me! That was yesterday at 11 weeks she has arranged an urgent scan for next week so I won't miss that either. The only thing you need to take into consideration is any screening or diagnostic tests you may choose to have done as they need to me done in a certain timelimit, usually up to 14 - 16 weeks. So no rush Hun, the midwife normally books you in at around 8weeks.

i wouldnt worry about it hun. I went to the docs early on but didnt get to see the midwife till i was 9wks.

That's a relief, I was beginning to think I was going to be missing things xx

You can just ask to speak to a doctor as there is no need to actually see one. They won't do anything except refer you to a midwife and tell you to take folic acid.

I went at 5 weeks and she kept saying I was "very early pregnant" which implied to me that she thought I could have waited a bit longer before going.

I'm sure they will be able to fit you in for a midwife appointment/scan, let's face it, nothing in medical stuff can be planned 100% anyway, they must keep time for emergencies etc.

One of the other girls on here recently didn't even find out she was preg till 9 weeks and I think she's managed ok, just give them a ring when you can and see what they say x

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and haven't beeen to the doctor's yet, either. My first appointment is next week.

I went to see my doc when I was 10 weeks (didnt find out til I was 7 weeks!) and waited AGES to get a midwife ap...unfortunately we moved house around that time and I registered at a new docs as the other midwife wouldnt see me (I was no longer in her area apparently...pah! lol).

I slipped through the net quite a few times (rang them every few days...think they are just rubbish round here) and my midwife finally came to do my booking in app on friday...when I was 20 weeks 2 days.

No your fine!!! I only found out i was pg in week 6 anyway, so you can go to Docs anytime, they will just put you on the list to see the MW.

xxx

I don't think you need to worry - I was about four and a half weeks when I found out, called the doc the next day and the first appt I could get was two weeks away!! He didn't really do or say much anyway, just told me to make the midwife appt on the way out, and the first one they could offer me was three weeks away (next Mon). So they don't seem in any rush!!

Good luck with sorting out an appt!

I only went 2 doctors 2day and Im 6+1 wks so now I'm just waiting 4 the midwife 2 ring me and make an appointment. Can't wait, Im so excited x

i just phoned them for my midwifes appointment, did not have to go in to get it xx

Don't worry - I am going to my first doc app't at 7.5 weeks and midwife at 9 weeks :)

I wouldn't be to worried my first appointment won't be until 8 weeks and a few days, LOL. Don't sweat it sweetie they will get you in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->