still havent had my dating scan dates!!!!

hunnibunny201

mummy to a little girl
Reaction score
hey ladies i am so pissed off i am 10 weeks on sunday and i have been waiting 3 weeks for my 12 week scan date to come through the post. at this rate i am not going to get my first scan still i am about 14 weeks. i keep ringning up to hospial but they say wait other week for the letter it will be there soon!!all i want to do is make sure everything is ok with my baby why do i have to wait so long!! :nope:

they told me they were really busy and that it will be at least other 2-3 weeks and then other 2-3 weeks waiting list for the scan its so unfair lol

I only got mine on saturday (10:6) for a scan next monday (12:1) so that's only a little over a weeks notice. I would worry when you hit 11 weeks.

It is annoying as not everyone has a job that they can just drop at a weeks notice.

thats what i mean i work in a care home so its hard just to get a day off

I've also been waiting for mine for 3 weeks and I'm in Yorkshire too!

Does your hospital offer the nuchal scan (for downs syndrome)? Because if you have a scan later then around 14 weeks-it's too late to do the scan. I had a scan at 10 weeks-which was slightly too early for the nuchal test-so am going back next week. The lady said you have to come back before 14 weeks.

It seems strange being made to wait so long. I'm glad i didn't have to wait, i'd have been ringing up every day to complain!

I only got mine through on saturday for my scan to be on the 21st when I will be bang on 13 weeks. It'll arrive :) x

Nah, I'm actually in Leeds. I want the scan now!

My dates arrived yetserday, 2 weeks after my MW appt, You should def hear something by 11 weeks.

work have to give you the time legally so try not to worry too much.

With your scan, its very frustrating, what is your MW saying? some places dont scan until your 14 weeks so it could be down to that.

Your other option is to change hospitals, but that will affect where you give birth. but just because that might be your cloest hospital does not mean you have to give birth there or have your care there, you have the choice and if your not happy with your care at that hospital then change.

Im in half minds about changing myself. but ill wiat until i see my consultant and if he doesnt give me the care other trusts would ill swap.

I appreciate by law they have to give you time off but cover still needs to be arranged plus most of us want a mum/partner to take time off as well.

I'm sure you're letter will get there soon.

I got mine the week before it happened so if by 11+4 you haven't got it I would ring antenatal clinic and check they have your referral/request form. Good luck x

I appreciate by law they have to give you time off but cover still needs to be arranged plus most of us want a mum/partner to take time off as well.

I'm sure you're letter will get there soon.

i realise that too, i too have an OH that needs time off and a child to find someone to look after, but she was talking about having time off work. I was just saying that she shouldnt worry, yes its incovinant for management, i have been management, but she shouldnt worry about that.

thanks ladies i have my dates now i rang midwife and she rang hospial and they booked me in :)

Glad you got booked in. I'm in Yorkshire, Huddersfield, and I got the scan appointment 2 weeks after my booking in app with the MW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->