Still having a bottle morning and night

sandilion

Reaction score
My LO is just over 1.5 years and still has a bottle morning and night.

In the morning i put his fish oil and vitamin drops in it so I am dreading when i cut out the morning bottle as i dont know how else i can easily get his vits in him.

He also MUST have a bottle at night, on his demand - it settles him.

Is this bad at his age? I feel a little awkward about it but also like doing what works for him also.

Any other toddlers similar age to my LO still having 2 bottles a day??

For the morning one he actually wakes any time from about 4am - 6am screaming for the bottle. He guzzles it down then sleeps until about 8.30 if i let him (if i have to work I have to wake him earlier, naturally.)

In all other aspects he is growing and developing perfectly.... people have even told me he seems a bit beyond his age too so he definitely isn't developing slowly. He just loves his bottles still.

Lana was still having a bottle morning and night at 2.5

I don't think it's bad

:hi: Heya hun,

My lil boy has only been off the bottle for 2 weeks, hes 27months old. He was having 2 bottles a day and loved it. Im of the opinion that they will drop the bottle when they feel its right. My lil boy was poorly and dropped it, he didnt sleep well for about 3 days/nights but now he naps well and sleeps well at night. I wouldnt worry your lil one is still young yet :hugs: xx

My 26 month old still has a bottle every night and he even wakes up most nights still wanting more. I'm happy to keep giving him it for a while yet especially if it keeps him happy

Oh great well i wont worry then. And yeah it keeps him happy, i hate to imagine the trauma he would go through if i tried to cut it off from him just now!!

Thanks ladies :flower:

Mine had a bottle at night until they were three years and two months- sleep is such a precious thing for us and our LO's I wasn't going to spoil our routine and nights sleep for a rule. Xx

My dd is 15 months and she has a small bottle first thing and then a 6oz bottle both of cows milk every day. She's tiny so will probably carry on giving them to her until she's nearer 2 xx

My son will be 2 in a few weeks.

He has a drink of milk from a beaker, not a babys bottle, first thing on waking and last thing before bed and I will encourage him to keep having the milk.

To me its important they have milk but perhaps out of something rather than a babys bottle, but I wouldnt be rushing if your LO is only 1.5 yrs old!:flower:

Eva still has hers morning and evening at 21 months - I am perfectly happy to continue doing so until she decides otherwise. She's only little after all! :shrug:

Ciara still has a bottle of cows milk morning and night. I personally struggle to see the problem with this. Apparently something to do with bottles being bad for their teeth? I'll probably try and swap her milk to a cup soon. But I have no plans to stop the actual milk, she can drink that as long as she wants it. She's not a big eater & a very fussy eater so she needs the nutrition from milk.

Yeah i worry about his teeth with bottles. Maybe i will try to start him on cups....

Mine hasn't had bottles since he turned one but he always has a cup when we wakes (literally the second he wakes it's 'milk milk milk want milk please' till he gets it) and a cup before bed, he chooses hot or cold and sometimes if he's grumpy getting up from his nap he asks for some too. We just switched to semi skimmed when he turned 2. It doesn't bother me at all, I think it's very healthy for him especially for his teeth and bones and i will encourage him certainly to have the cup before bed as long as he will, he doesn't eat cereal with milk so the morning one so he gets if a different way.

I tried to give him his milk in just his sippy straw cup. Ill be honest i made him a milk shake, put a scoop if ice cream with it to make him like it as he seems to hate cold milk in his cup with a passion. He gulped it all down, so i brushed his teeth and went to put him to bed and nope - not without his bottle! I just don't think he's ready yet i guess. It's definitely a comfort thing. He went straight to sleep after his precious bottle

I really want him to take it from a cup but he's a real bottle baby! He was the same when BF - a real boob baby! He gets very passionate about things. lol!

If he hates cold milk then why not just offer hot milk?

My son has warm milk in his cup before bedtime.:flower:

My boys 3 in January and has bottle of milk before bed and when he wakes up. Its his routine now :)x

My son is also 3 in jan and has a bottle of milk before bed he wont drink milk from anything else and ive tried everything spent a fortune on different cups id rather him have milk from bottle than not at all

My DD was 2 in August and has a bottle at bed time and if we're at home she also has a bottle for her nap. Otherwise she doesn't go into sleep mode and would just cry. I don't see the point in upsetting her when the bottle makes her so settled. It's definitely a comfort thing for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->