Still in shock

FamilyofLove

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...can't believe I'm back here!! I haven't been on the forum since 2012 when I had our first daughter. Thought I'd introduce myself and ask a question :)

We had our second daughter in 2014 💜

We weren't even trying for a baby and have no idea how I'm pregnant 🙈. Have been feeling weird the past 2 weeks and decided to test and hey I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm very much in shock!! We have our holiday to Florida booked in 2 weeks!! I'm really worried as my last two pregnancies I got very sick from 6 weeks and could hardly leave the house. We've been planning this holiday for a year as probably our last big one before our eldest starts school.

I'm just praying I don't get too sick and I can suck it up for my daughters and enjoy the break. Going to be very long hot Disney days!! I know I'm safe going on the little Disney rides - I'll be in Florida from 7 weeks - 10 weeks pregnant. Would you chance going on rollercoasters?

I'm a little bummed as we are meeting friends there and planned jet-skiing and speed boats etc. Which I'm hoping I won't be too sick to take part in.

To make matters worse 4 days before we go it's my brother in laws wedding - my husband is best man. Then the next day is a work cooperate day out...meaning sitting on a coach for a while. Then when we get back is my best friends hen do and wedding.

Sorry I'm ranting, but this is such unfortunate timing!! I am so thankful that we are blessed and I pray this pregnancy is healthy. I know I sound like I don't know how lucky we are...we have two beautiful girls and always wanted two more...just its a shock to the system! 😩

Hi,

Congratulations! I am in a similar position, in that we are about to go on holiday somewhere hot and I'll be 6/7 weeks.
I'm looking in the bright side-no cooking or cleaning for a while, so that's a plus!
I'd listen to your body-if you need a sit down do it, if your feeling tired rest! You can go at a slower pace as its a holiday.

Personally, I wouldn't go on roller coaster rides, but maybe seek the advice of a doctor on it?

Enjoy yourself! Sounds like you have lots of fun lined up!

Wow! I could have written a very similar post! I had DD1 June 2012 and DD2 January 2015. OH and I were discussing trying for another around Xmas time and then bam! Positive test last weekend. We are also going to Florida for 4 weeks next month and whilst I am really pleased and excited to be expecting again I'm bummed that I won't be able to go on any big rides 😂😂 we've already bout park tickets (mainly Disney obviously) so OH I'll be riding solo on all the roller coasters. Luckily my inlaws are coming with us so they will happily take over if I need some down time! I've been pretty lucky with not much MS in my last 2 pregnancies so I'm really hoping I'm lucky again!!! Xxx

Wow! I could have written a very similar post! I had DD1 June 2012 and DD2 January 2015. OH and I were discussing trying for another around Xmas time and then bam! Positive test last weekend. We are also going to Florida for 4 weeks next month and whilst I am really pleased and excited to be expecting again I'm bummed that I won't be able to go on any big rides 😂😂 we've already bout park tickets (mainly Disney obviously) so OH I'll be riding solo on all the roller coasters. Luckily my inlaws are coming with us so they will happily take over if I need some down time! I've been pretty lucky with not much MS in my last 2 pregnancies so I'm really hoping I'm lucky again!!! Xxx

How weird! Where are you staying and when do you fly out? We will be there for 3 weeks - maybe we could meet up? Just us 4 for the first 2 weeks and then my parents fly out for the third week. Feel free to message me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->