Still killing 'down there'!!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Hi ladies, i had my son on saturday and i am still in a lot of pain down there! It stings to wee still and generally just feels so sore and battered from my bottom all the way up! Also my first poo was fine, not painful to pass..but now it kills! Is this normal? I was induced and had a vaginal delivery with no pain relief, i only had one small tear so no stitches. x

I was sore for a couple of weeks and I was induced and had 13 stitches inside and out. I just used paracetamol for a couple of days and it started to feel better.

It will heal, but if you're in pain go to the Dr/midwife and get them to take a look and give you some pain killers. Don't suffer, you may have torn more than they realised.

Make sure you take a jug of warm water and when you pee pour it down your front...it's bliss lol.
And get plenty of fibre in your diet for soft poos.

Cx

If you can get a squirt bottle and like MrsE said its nice to have that warm water. I had a c section but they gave me the bottle to keep things clean and help clean up any blood that might stick down there. They called it perrie care. Im suprised the nurses didnt get u to do that. But if you can it will feel nice. You dont squirt inside you just squirt everything outside. Give it a try.

OMG how did you do no pain relief .... At one point I thought they were bluffing me and turned it off :rofl: They did take it off me though at one point haha :blush: ...

I had stitches below and hurt so bad mainly on one side I asked MW today how long for down there to feel better and she said a couple of weeks ish. I thought a bath would be a killer but I had one today and it felt really nice.

Amanda mentioned tea tree oil but not sure if thats just for if you have been cut and stitched .... not tried it yet but MW said the same today so Ill get some moro.

Congrats hun too - Probably another thread but browsing is a nightmare at the moment :hugs: x

i remember on Charlie i hurt down there for a few weeks, i was given witch hazel liquid by teh hospital to use, not sure if they do that now tho.

I was lucky, on Ethan and Coby i didnt have any pain atall down tehre after there births

x

Best stuff in world is Lavendar oil this is fab as heals you real quickly and soothes too.

This pain is to be expected for little while just go easy on the lifting and dont move about too much. I went for 3 mile walk day after having Amelia and felt great BUT next day paid for it big time with blood loss so dont do a ME and take it slower. Your body has been through a traumatic experience and taken a real hammering so this is normal hunnie.

Congrats by the way.
Bex.x

Salt bath ......

Heals you in no time at all :)

Congrats hun ... and BTW it doesn't sting

xxx

Salt bath ......

Heals you in no time at all :)

Congrats hun ... and BTW it doesn't sting

xxx
I've been doing this. It feels good whilst i'm in the bath, but the pain comes back soon after getting out. It is slowly getting better though. Well it dont sting when i pee now so thats something!! :) x

Hi

I think some of the pain is your pelvis still coming back after giving birth. Is it a real ache you get? I'd take some paracetomol and try and change positions every so often - sitting on the sofa, lying on the sofa, lying in bed etc

Get some fingercots,

https://www.soph.com.cn/admin/img/200510199584584.jpg

fill them with water, tie them with a rubber band and freeze them. When they are frozen, wrap one in gauze soaked in your favorite soothing concoction (witch hazel, lavender water etc.) and lay that in your pad where it can contact with your sore spots. It keeps the swelling and throbbing down, they are cheap so you can just toss them when they defrost (or just wash them and refreeze) and they decrease the pain.

They are small enough to sit EXACTLY where you need it to be, without it riding around everywhere, and since they are long and cylindrical they lay along the hoo hoo right where it hurts.

Get some fingercots,

https://www.soph.com.cn/admin/img/200510199584584.jpg

fill them with water, tie them with a rubber band and freeze them. When they are frozen, wrap one in gauze soaked in your favorite soothing concoction (witch hazel, lavender water etc.) and lay that in your pad where it can contact with your sore spots. It keeps the swelling and throbbing down, they are cheap so you can just toss them when they defrost (or just wash them and refreeze) and they decrease the pain.

They are small enough to sit EXACTLY where you need it to be, without it riding around everywhere, and since they are long and cylindrical they lay along the hoo hoo right where it hurts.

what are they :wacko:

Hi hun,

During my first labour, I was pushing when I was only 3cm dilated......my body had taken over and I had no control over it, the doctors and surgeon was all saying how bad this was going to be for me, and it lead to an extremely painful and extremely swollen area down below...(I almost fainted when I wiped after going to the loo the first time, it was like a football, no lie).

When I used to sit down I had to go so slow and gentle, I invested in a rubber ring to sit on like people use when they have piles, and it also affected my walking. I was like this for 3 months, when my MW (who I had become friends with) suggested I put a few drops of lavendar oil in my baths......

Well honestly, I never looked back it worked wonders I started healing and feeling better in no time. It was like having a wonder drug!!

Try it.....

Good Luck hun and I hope you are feeling better very soon! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"