still no baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by AprilMum2009, Apr 8, 2009.

1. AprilMum2009

AprilMum2009 Well-Known Member

Was at midwife today, and babys head is STILL not engaged and my due date was yesterday!!?? Any one heard of this b4??? Any storys???
    xxxxxx

2. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

with my first son he didn't engage, and I was induced at 41 weeks. It was a long induction as he was REALLY not ready to come! Stubborn kid :p

3. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I'm not sure it makes a real difference hon. I was told if the head was engaged, you're less likely to go over but at the same time, it can engage during labour too. I was told 2 weeks ago I was unlikely to go over as the head was engaged and look at me now! :dohh: Try not to take too much heed of it, easier said than done I know :hugs:

4. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

Awww how frustrating! you tried a gym/birthing ball? they are good for getting baby to engage if you sit on it correctly, worth a go hun that could be all that holding you up xxx

5. :D happy D:

:D happy D: Well-Known Member

awww gosh, fingers crossed for an appearance soon !!!

6. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

awww hope baby gets engaged soon!!

7. sadiescooby

sadiescooby Well-Known Member

Yep, I was told over 2 weeks ago that I was going to have this one early too, and I'm due today. Blooming Midwives all need shooting!! They should keep their traps shut.

8. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Definitely! I was quite prepared to go over until the consultant told me I probably wouldn't and of course now I'm frustrated and impatient! :grr:

9. danapeter36

danapeter36 Well-Known Member

My baby isn't engaged either! She was starting to at about 34 weeks and I was really positive and then had a random check up at 37 weeks and she'd disengaged! I am in the same boat!

10. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Aww hun, I hope it happens for you soon, take care :hugs: XX

11. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

I saw the midwife yesterday and my little man had started to engage a few weeks back - still no further along .. he is on his way though (his head was still loose in my pubic bone). My widwife said not to worry, some babies can engage early and sit there for a while, others can engage all of a sudden and labour can start. Fingers crossed it's not too much longer for you hun xx

12. AprilMum2009

AprilMum2009 Well-Known Member

Thankyou!!
    Well baby still aint here, still no signs of her coming anytime soon. nothing at all, i havnt even lost any of the mucous plug no pains no twinges NOTHING!! Soooo god knows wen its gonna happen but im 3/4 days overdue! xx

13. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

I saw mw yesterday at 40 + 1 and my baby isn't engaged either, no signs or anything she also said baby still has plenty of room in there !!!!!!!!

I think Im going to end up being induced, oh says it will def be after sunday as he thinks baby wants to enjoy being fattened up by all the easter eggs im going to eat :rofl:

14. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I'm 38+3 and my baby's head is still free. Midwife says it means nothing though. I was on a monitor yesterday that was showing I was having contractions, but I couldn't feel anything!

15. jellyk

jellyk Well-Known Member

My friend has just given birth - she was not engaged on the Tuesday, had baby on the Thursday night! Another friend has been engaged for weeks and is nearly a week overdue so far.

16. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

my babys head is engaged and it hurts, I wish i could make him move outta there , im having a c-section , he dont need to be in that position . good luck hun hope you have your baby soon , also not everyone loses their mucus plug .:hug:

17. sezzlebum

sezzlebum Guest

my mum went in labour with my sister and she wasnt engaged at all, she became engaged when they broke her waters,
    on my second lil girl, she wasnt engaged when i went into labour and she turned out to be a brow presenting baby, they broke my waters to move her but she wouldnt budge, already knew she wouldnt so ended up with an emergancy section,
    babies can become engaged right up until the minute they wanna get out x