still no heartbeat on sonoline b - update pg2

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I'm 10+4 and still can't find it!! I feel like everyone else finds it by now. I was almost 15 weeks before finding it with dd and was hoping it would be easier this time. Anyone else having troubles? I had an ultrasound less than a week ago and all was fine, but would love the reassurance from the Doppler!!

I think I found mine around 10-12 weeks with the sonoline b, just at the top of my public bone aiming downwards, it was a lot of hit and miss to find it until he raised up abit lol x

I at this stage it is hit and miss. I found my baby's yesturday on a angel sounds Doppler and just been listening to it afew minutes ago :D Go right near your pubic hair :/ lol and press down and move it slowly around. Are you using gel or anything? X

Try pointing down right above the pubic bone on the right. The uterus tends to shift to the right in most women, and it's easier to find it there at this stage. Also, don't panic. Sometimes it's very hard to find until about 12 weeks.

Some days I can find it easily. Other days I search and search until I finally give up. It may just be the placement of the baby makes it hard to find.

Mine is right above the hairline and slightly to the left.

I'm with Mild Mango, some days I find it in less than 30 seconds, and other days I try to find it for 40 minutes or more, and I can't. Try to make a little pressure on your belly, and once you choose a place to start, make an entire circle with the doppler before giving up on that place. Some youtube videos helped me a lot! Good luck :)

I'm in second trimester now bit still like to pop in here. I found mine when I first got the Doppler at 11weeks but now I can't find it, no matter how hard I try. I had to go hospital lady week and the doctor there couldn't find it with their doppler a. They did a scan to check and all was fine. So could be baby hiding? Or just not in the right place to catch it. I'm sure you will find it soon. :)

Baby could be hiding really well. I know ours is a stinker, we begin to think we find it and then can't find baby again. DH hates our sonoline B because the midwife and a doctor were able to find it fast but we struggle - maybe cause they're pro's though lol

Have you tried having a full bladder? The only time I can find baby with our doppler is if I have to pee and press hard.

Couldn't find it until almost 12 weeks:thumbup:

I still can't find mine and I'm 13 weeks with no 3 z

This time I found it at 9w1d, and it was a hit or miss until probably 10.5 week-11 weeks. I'd still find it, but it would take longer than usual.

After reading what everyone suggested, I kept looking on the right and left sides, but in the end found it smack in the middle.
I hear it better when I prop my hips up slightly. Last night I found it nice and strong and then it got dull and disappeared. I guess the baby just swam away or something :winkwink:
I found the HB at about 12+5, but only got it at 12 weeks

Thanks ladies! I will keep trying every few days. I use a lot of gel, but maybe should try with a full bladder. The Dr told me last time that I have a very deep pelvis so that might be my problem! I started spotting again today, so it sure would be nice if I could get some reassurance from the Doppler!!!

I was 12 weeks b 4 I found mine, found out baby has anterior placenta, could be same for you x

Try propping you hips up a bit, and press in slightly to get deeper.
I just move my pelvis upwards instead of just laying there and it helps.

I don't have a doppler, (sometimes wish I did) but both my midwife and GP won't even try to listen with a doppler for a heartbeat before 16 weeks. They both say that while you might hear it before then, if you do it's down to luck! So try not to worry, I'm sure you will hear it in good time :)

I surprisingly found mine at 9 weeks. Mine is central above my pubic hair line and actually a little left. You have to move very slowly and kinda keep it in the same place and sweep around.

I found mine at 8 weeks and haven't been able to since. Until this morning, yesterday I felt baby's little taps and listened this morning where I felt them and there baby was :) x

Just an update that I still can not find the darn heartbeat. I had an ultrasound a couple days ago and baby is doing fine and heartbeat was loud and clear with vaginal ultrasound. Dr told me it is too early as my uterus is very low in my pelvis and hasn't risen yet and unless I stick the probe in my vagina, which he does not suggest, I'm not going to hear it right now. Just wanted to update for those who are worried that they can not find the heartbeat yet. It really does depend on your own body sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->