Still Scared Of Jinxing It....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Poshbird88, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Poshbird88

Poshbird88 Well-Known Member

I dont know why but paranoia has set in.

I am worried about buying things and getting things for the nursery even though I know it needs to be done , it still scares me as I feel am still going to jinx it:blush:

I am even worried about coming on forum like this in case I jinx the pregnancy.

Am I being silly or is it just hormones? Does anyone else having crazy feelings like these?:blush:

2. bobbyrabbit

bobbyrabbit Mum to 1 gorgeous girl

I am the same! Whenever I start to think about how to decorate the nursery etc I think I am going to jinx it!
    I think it must be natural to feel like this

3. ozzypumpkin

ozzypumpkin Well-Known Member

Hi Poshbird, i feel exactly the same way. Im 25+5 and im so so scared that something is going to go wrong, i dont want to buy any furniture or a pram as i feel so scared that what if they never get used, i hate feeling this way and wish it would stop but i cant see that happening, i have wanted this baby for such a long time and had got to the point where i thought that it might not happen so im terrified that it will be taken away from me. Also it took me ages to join the forum as like you i felt like i was going to jinx it, thats probably why i dont post, as silly as it sounds.
    Anyway i just wanted you to know that you are not alone in feeling like this and i very much hope that you feel better about things, wishing you a very happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy :) x

4. Poshbird88

Poshbird88 Well-Known Member

Nice to see I am not the only one feeling like this.

5. CamoQueen

CamoQueen Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

:hugs: You don't have to buy a thing until you feel comfortable with it! However, I will say that I did everything that could have possibly 'jinxed' my first pregnancy -- told everyone as soon as I found out, bought baby stuff right away, etc -- and I had a healthy, 8 lb 6 oz term baby boy. :thumbup:

6. krisnjay

krisnjay Mommy to Logan

I held off buying anything until I was about 24 weeks. These past 2 weeks I have bought everything I see. Camo Queen is right, so many women buy everything as early as first trimester. I started easing up a bit once I reached my Viablility Day.