• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Still Scared Of Jinxing It....

Poshbird88

Reaction score
I dont know why but paranoia has set in.

I am worried about buying things and getting things for the nursery even though I know it needs to be done , it still scares me as I feel am still going to jinx it:blush:

I am even worried about coming on forum like this in case I jinx the pregnancy.

Am I being silly or is it just hormones? Does anyone else having crazy feelings like these?:blush:

I am the same! Whenever I start to think about how to decorate the nursery etc I think I am going to jinx it!
I think it must be natural to feel like this

Hi Poshbird, i feel exactly the same way. Im 25+5 and im so so scared that something is going to go wrong, i dont want to buy any furniture or a pram as i feel so scared that what if they never get used, i hate feeling this way and wish it would stop but i cant see that happening, i have wanted this baby for such a long time and had got to the point where i thought that it might not happen so im terrified that it will be taken away from me. Also it took me ages to join the forum as like you i felt like i was going to jinx it, thats probably why i dont post, as silly as it sounds.
Anyway i just wanted you to know that you are not alone in feeling like this and i very much hope that you feel better about things, wishing you a very happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy :) x

Nice to see I am not the only one feeling like this.

:hugs: You don't have to buy a thing until you feel comfortable with it! However, I will say that I did everything that could have possibly 'jinxed' my first pregnancy -- told everyone as soon as I found out, bought baby stuff right away, etc -- and I had a healthy, 8 lb 6 oz term baby boy. :thumbup:

I held off buying anything until I was about 24 weeks. These past 2 weeks I have bought everything I see. Camo Queen is right, so many women buy everything as early as first trimester. I started easing up a bit once I reached my Viablility Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"