Still spotting *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Amanda, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

So, 8 days on, and I'm still spotting brown blood. Mw says baby is fine, doctor at the hospital said baby was fine, but both only listened for the heatbeat, and guessed placenta previa. I haven't had a scan to confirm it.

I have found that if I do stuff, the bleeding gets heavier. I had hardly any yesterday because I sat on my fat ass most of the day, but this morning I went for a mooch round the shops for an hour, and had bled when I got back.

I'm not sure if I should go to the GP's tomorrow to insist on more investigation. MW is also in tomorrow morning, so I could see if she could see me. But I don't want to make a fuss.

Advise please? :hugs: What would you do?

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I had ALOT of spotting up untill 22 weeks but it wasn't continuous, it was on and off. Good luck! :hugs:

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:hugs: I'd get it checked, it's probably like they said but really it can't hurt to have it checked out

4. Angelface

Angelface Mummy to a princess &Bump

i had alot of bleeding and spotting , i carried on to my GP untill they sent me for a growth scan, if not ask if they can move ur 20 week scan forward?! x

Hope all's ok x

5. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Umm no scan? Wow I would demand one for sure hun. Im sure all is ok. I have placenta previa though and was on bed rest.

Oops I meant to say I HAD* placenta previa lol not have O,o

6. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Shit I never knew you were bleeding!

INSIST ON SCAN!!!

At 18 weeks I believe the EPU can still deal with you all your GP has to do is pick up the phone. Morons!

x

7. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I would get checked out - probably everything is fine but you are better safe then sorry. x

8. AnnaBanana9

AnnaBanana9 Mummy

I would definitely get it checked out hun.... insist on a scan!

:hugs:

9. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

I'd go back and see midwife or doc, and get them to send you for a scan, just to put your mind at rest. Im sure all is well, but it is horrible to have that doubt in your mind. :hugs:

10. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

Yep the EPU can still see you. I went on Monday at 18 weeks to check for leaking amniotic fluid. I would go to your GP and get them to make a phone call.

11. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

I was told a few nights ago after going to the er because I was spotting a tiny bit of brown after trying to move my dogs house , which was dumb of me but anyway it freaked me out so I figured better to be safe then sorry , I went right in to er they did a scan baby was moving like crazy and heart beat was good but they did find I have low placenta , its covering my cervix , other wise known as placenta previa , the docs advice was no sex and not to lift anything over 10 lbs , for 2 days I laid in bed with my feet up and have been ok . good luck hun , take it easy :hug:

12. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

I'd make a fuss, for sure. I hope you feel better soon!

13. Barneyboo

Barneyboo Mummy of 2 beauty's

:hug:I hope all ok!:hug:x x x

14. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Isn't it funny the difference in care? I went to A&E Friday night, and the doctor listened to the heartbeat and sent me home!:dohh: No scan!

He told me to rest for a few days, and also that it may bleed more after sex, but not to worry, and not to stop having sex! :hissy:

I rang the docs this morning, but couldn't get to see the GP as it's halfday surgery today. But the mw is in this morning, so I have left a message for her to ring me back.

15. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

Get it checked out!!

16. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Well, we've spent the afternoon at the hospital - waste of fucking time that was. Excuse the language ladies, but I am so pissed off.

All they did again was listen to the heartbeat, and the doctor did an internal. No reason was found for the bleeding again. They didn't feel I needed a scan, or to bring the next scan forward. I practically begged! But she went off and spoke to her supervisor and said they felt there was no need for a scan.:hissy: She agreed with the others in that the bleeding may be caused by placenta previa, but when I said that only a scan could confirm this, she just said yes, but there's no need to confirm it! :dohh:

So, for the third time, I have been sent home with still no explanation for the bleeding! :hissy:

So pissed off.

17. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Argh! Now that is annnnnnnnoooyyyiingggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo sorry! I would go back and say you are bleeding and now have pains and if you lose youre baby you are sueing them for incompetance. That would move their asses lol

18. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I'm sorry your getting messed around hun :hugs:

19. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

:hugs: When is your scan?

20. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Ugh that must be so annoying :(