Still tender nearly 3 months after labour

rmsh1

Mum
Reaction score
My daughter was born naturally on March 20th, nearly three months ago. I had three second degree tears. One was a bucket tear, not sure exactly what that means.

I feel that I have healed but I still ache. If I press into one area, it is still very tender, and we tried to DTD and failed as it felt a little painful.

Should I see a doctor or give it more time?

It's been quite a long time so I'd go see your doc. I was told things should be pretty much back to normal at six weeks so you're way beyond that and definitely deserve to have it taken seriously. Then again, I'm doubtful that I'll feel normal at six weeks. Feel better!

They did say it could take three months, but then I wonder why they did not offer to check me when my baby had her first jabs? I go see them for her three month jabs next week, will ask then

I'm almost 9 months and still feel tender every now and then, we can't dtd properly yet, off the docs next week for me!

Post in here how your doc visit goes. They did tell me it could take three months, but the tenderness is really quite painful, and if I sit down a long time, then stand up, I feel a lot of pressure. Not very pleasant!

I just wanted to tell you that I am 10 weeks after having my baba, a first degree tear with four stitches but my god I am still in so much pain, its not like it was when I first gave birth its more like a deep ache. I was with the gyne team yesterday and they basically said to give it time, that our poor poor vaginas go through so much during delivery, I was so upset as everywhere says that a first degree tear should hardly cause any trouble but I beg to differ, so I can only imagen what three tears would be like....
as for sex, my gp gave me numbing gel, its not a long team solution but it defo takes the edge off, I put it on and then we have fore play for about 15 mins and then we use (no joke) about half a tube of lube.... our babies have a lot to answer too hee hee its a good thing they are so damn cute and lovable...

I just wanted to tell you that I am 10 weeks after having my baba, a first degree tear with four stitches but my god I am still in so much pain, its not like it was when I first gave birth its more like a deep ache. I was with the gyne team yesterday and they basically said to give it time, that our poor poor vaginas go through so much during delivery, I was so upset as everywhere says that a first degree tear should hardly cause any trouble but I beg to differ, so I can only imagen what three tears would be like....
as for sex, my gp gave me numbing gel, its not a long team solution but it defo takes the edge off, I put it on and then we have fore play for about 15 mins and then we use (no joke) about half a tube of lube.... our babies have a lot to answer too hee hee its a good thing they are so damn cute and lovable...

Thanks for the info :) I guess I just have to give it more time. I might have to go purchase more lube for the next attempt at DTD.....

Just to update. I had an ultrasound today and an OBGYN had a feel around and I do have lasting damage from Emma's delivery, and I am going to receive physio treatment. No guarantee it will help, but will give it a go. There is pain along the right side of my vaginal wall, and there is a tear there. She asked if forceps had been used during Emma's delivery and I said no. So maybe it is a more common injury with forcep deliveries, no idea.

So let's see if the physio can help :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"