• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Still vomiting at 18 weeks & getting worse :(

CyL

Reaction score
I am getting worried because I am still nauseated all day, every day and vomiting every other day at almost 18 weeks. I was a little nauseous in the first trimester but hardly ever vomited but since around 11-12 weeks I have been vomiting more and more and increasingly nauseated :( My Doctor said it was from acid reflux and, since Tums didn't help at all, told me to take Zantac. I tried taking it but it didnt help, even seemed to make things worse! I vomited each day that I took the Zantac :(
I don't usually throw up food but in between meals and not because I am overly hungry, I dont really have much of an appetite at all actually. I dont really feel traditional heartburn burning in my chest, instead it feels like mucus in my throat and when I vomit I feel like it is mostly mucus, saliva, and stomach acid. It doesn't matter what I eat I still get nauseous, today I even vomited up water :(
I called my Doctor and she said we probably just have to change/increase medication for the acid...but I really don't want to take more medicine. I am also wondering if there isn't something more serious going on if the acid reducing medicines are not helping
Sorry if this is all TMI but this is really getting exhausting and I'm worried that it could harm the baby :cry:
Has anyone else experienced this and found relief? any advice?

My last pregnancy I had hyperemesis from 5 - 28 weeks, being sick 50+ times a day, and was still sick at least 10 times a day until delivery. Being sick every other day won't harm baby. He/she will get all they need from you. Just try to keep eating when you can.

Thanks! I am not worried that the vomiting itself will harm the baby, especially since I am able to keep food down, but that whatever the underlying cause of the vomiting could be dangerous for him. Whether it's the acid itself or if I have some kind of infection or bacteria that is causing it. I'm also worried about taking a lot of medicine that can cross the placenta, even though the Dr says it's safe, it would still be getting to the baby :/

It can be common to have some degree of sickness/nausea all the way through. Doesn't mean an infection of some sort. Trust your dr, if they didn't think it was safe, they wouldn't prescribe it. I was on all sorts of anti sickness meds x

Are you congested at all? Most of the times I've been sick, it's been mucus, saliva and stomach acid. I found I was really bunged up, constantly sniffing and swallowing catarrh etc, which just added to my nausea. I have definitely been 'properly' sick just through being pregnant, but more often it's been what I described first. I took it to be just a strange reaction to all the gunk I was swallowing. My gp prescribed me Beconase to help with the congestion, and when the gunk is cleared up it definitely helps to stop this from happening.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well :hugs:

I had morning sickness (well, all day sickness) weeks 6-9. Then starting around week 17 I was getting really bad heartburn. I didn't know what it was at first, just felt like a painful lump in my chest. I tried taking tums like I did in the 1st tri, but it didn't help. It would get so bad that I would throw up, even just water. I finally went to the doctors and she put me on Prilosec. It completely got rid of my heartburn but now it's slowed down my digestion, so if I over eat I still get nauseous and throw up.

It could be morning sickness or it could be heartburn related or a combination of both. It wouldn't hurt to try a new heartburn medicine as they all don't work the same way. Hope the nausea passes for you soon!

Hold in there, I had sickness right from 6 weeks. From 8-13 I barely kept any food down at all. I had come round to the fact that it was never going to end then at 18+6 i woke up and I wasn't sick. It's now been a week and I've only been sick one tiny bit since then and I feel tonnes better.

Fingers crossed for you x

Also have you tried Gaviscon liquid? A lot of my MS was acidy and this was the only thing that relieved it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! My Dr. prescribed Nexium...has anyone else taken this during pregnancy??? My Dr. says it is safe so I guess I will give it a try but if it doesn't help I would rather not take any medicine and I will just have to deal with the constant nausea and vomiting for a few more months...it will all be worth it in then end when we get to meet our little angel :)

Have you tried diclectin? I really didn't want to take medication but my doctor told me eventually it was my only choice as I was too ill and loosing too much weight, It was a lifesaver for nausea and is 100% safe.

Hope it goes soon. I had all day ms weeks 6 to 8 and 10 to 15, but ever since then feel totally fine :). Hope it eases v v v soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"