Still Waiting! And a quandry. Input?

WhiteKhocol8

Reaction score
Hello, fellow-hopefully-one-day-mummies-to-be!

I initially joined BnB in about 2013 or so after getting married - and five years later I am STILL waiting for him to be ready, for me to be ready, for our finances to be ready, and six million other things to fall into place, to TTC. In the meantime, I've had back surgery, we've both had bariatric surgery, we've bought and sold a house, I've changed careers and now it looks as though we'll be moving interstate end of 2019/early 2020. It seems like there was a lot the universe needed us to do first that we weren't aware was in the works!

The move is for work for him and I, and fortunately I have a job that if things go to plan I will likely work from home for a couple of years. I'm 33, and time is ticking both career wise and biology-wise. We've never even really tried to get a sprog in the works - I've been on the pill since I was 15 - both our bodies have been knocked around a bit - but I'm starting to worry we'll run out of time.

SO. With those last bits in mind, I'm in a bit of a quandry. Do I propose that we TTC now, so I can at least give birth here in Melbourne with our friends and family around, and my GP (whom I have absolute faith in) and my surgeon (I had a number of complications from bariatric surgery that have FINALLY resolved BUT it would be nice to be nearby in case of emergency), and my other health practitioners, then move to QLD and establish myself with a mothers' group there? I hear kids are a good way to get to know people if you move. OR do I wait and TTC once we are established with a bit of a network of friends and good health practitioners in Queensland?

Input! Anyone been through this or something similar? I'd love to hear how it worked out for you!

I can't say I've had to make a decision that difficult but I think having friends and family around for your first at the beginning is a blessing.

Yes you'll make new friends but you'll always be most comfortable with family to provide support.

I hope it all works out for you :thumbup:

Congratulations on all of the great things that have happened in your life and moved you closer to TTC!

When DH and I started, we determined there really is no good time to have a baby. There will always be something that could be better, we could always have more money, etc. We are up against a move as well and it just worked out that baby will be born in our current location. We find out where we are going in January, baby will be born in April, and we will move in June/July. I'm glad it worked out this way - I am also 33 and about to start a new career, so I didn't want to wait any longer. Like you said, kids are a great way to meet people in a new place!

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"