STILL waking to burp

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
My son has his last bottle feed at 9pm...by that time, he is already sleeping or he falls asleep on the bottle. Either way, he finishes his 5oz of milk and sleeps soundly. I never manage to get him to burp when he's sleeping and read on the internet that babies don't need burping if they're asleep.

BUT

after about an hour or two, he wakes up screaming and squirming and doesn't take his dummy. Then when I pick him up, he sometimes gives a small burp, or sometimes swallows loads like his milk is only just going down. It seems to stress him out loads because his sleep is disturbed. Then it takes me ages to get him back to sleep because he gets all huffy and puffy that he woke up. This has been happening for a couple of months now.

Is there anything I could do?

We have this problem too. The other night I started giving him gripe water about 20-30 min before bed and it seemed to help when it came to burping him before bed (he also falls asleep on the bottle)

I have the same problem too, Toby falls asleep and doesn't burp then wakes up needing too, it's very frustrating I try and change his nappy before putting him down to wake him a bit, sometimes that helps and gets a little burp. But no matter if I have had a burp from him or not, he usually wakes with more wind :-(

We tried gripe water again tonight and it helped. I give him 1 dose 1 hour before bed, and another dose 30 min before I put him to sleep with his bottle.. Just wanted to let u know

I have this problem too. I burp her though, and it always ends up waking her up. I hate to do it, but there was one time where I didn't, and she woke up choking. I'm not sure if it was because of the no burping or not, but I'm too scared to leave it now. :( So I always have to burp her and then get her back to sleep (which isn't always easy).

I have to wake my LO to burp him or else he spits up all over in his sleep. I find after burping him if i keep patting his back on my chest for awhile he falls right back asleep...maybe you could try that? Could be because he's still a newborn though.

Megan used to wake up screaming in pain w/ trapped air - and this wasnt as a newborn - it was not very long ago! She didnt go to sleep on the bottle -but just burps quite a bit. She burped before bed - but always an hour or so into sleeping she had to burp again. It was the worst cry ever - & it was the only time I would hear that cry from her. Once she got the burp out she was fine & went right back to sleep.

Her dr told me not to help her burp (which is riddiculus - no way was I listening to that advice). She also suggested mylicon drops (which is for gas).

The problem stopped when I switched her from formula to cows milk. SHe still has a bedtime bottle - but hasnt had to wake up w/ a stuck burp since the switch! So - it was caused by her formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->