Stinky behind the ears.

Elysian1c0

Reaction score
This is gonna sound gross but...

...behind my LOs ears always smells like stinky butt cheese or something. Really weird odor. I wash him well behind his ears, but by the next day the smell is back. My mom has suggested it's from spit-up, but this is a different smell than that.

Oh, yeah, and my child doesn't ever smell like a baby except for the first hour or two after he has a bath and lotion (which is everyday). He doesn't stink or anything (except for behind his ears). He kinda smells like a younger, maler version of me...or so says my OH.

Is this SUPER weird? Or just, kinda weird?

I've heard of a smelly cheese like substance getting in the creases of skin sometimes, maybe where the milk runs down and accumulates?

Yeah, his neck smells like cheese some nights from runaway spit up. But his ears smell like that plus some type of *private* funk. Hence me calling it stinky butt cheese.

Does he scratch downstairs whilst you are changing him? Could be a reason for that smell, my daughter tries to get her hard down there to scratch but stopped her by giving her wipes before we open her nappy.

my LO had that but only once and i cleaned with baby wipes. and he too only smells baby for a few hours after bath but i think thats just us, if someone else picks him up they say he smells baby as long as you bath LO every day.
no advice though sorry!

my wee boy gets this the hv says it is just sweat, if you prize open his wee folds in his neck you will see it is red and sore looking. best thing that takes it away is keep it dry with talc and try some sudocream, it took my wee boys away, but you have to do it every time after bath x

He's too little to coordinate a downstairs grab, just yet. lol
And I have looked in his neck folds and they look fine, no redness, and behind his ears looks well also. It just smells. I will try to keep him powdered, though. I don't generally use it, even though I bought a gigantic shaker of it.

And Dizzy, I think you're right, because my sister did say she likes his baby smell. I'm like, "what baby smell?"

Babe it sounds like it may be a fungal infection and no amount of cleaning will help, you'll need to get it checked with the doc and he'll give you some cream and get rid of it:kiss:

I'm going to inquire with the doctor when we go next. I just sniffed him and the smells not there anymore. Just smells of milk. And if it were fungal, wouldn't I SEE something? Anything? His skin looks 100% normal :-/ But, he does have a bit of light cradle cap, and I know that yeast can cause dandruff sometimes. He had thrush a few weeks back. Maybe it's hanging out behind his ears, too.

So strange.

I thought my LO had this and it turned out to actually be his ears :wacko:

Not at all down the ear canal but the fold at the top, I gave them a good clean with top to toe wash on a cotton bud and they've been fine since.

Bleurgh :haha:

I'm going to inquire with the doctor when we go next. I just sniffed him and the smells not there anymore. Just smells of milk. And if it were fungal, wouldn't I SEE something? Anything? His skin looks 100% normal :-/ But, he does have a bit of light cradle cap, and I know that yeast can cause dandruff sometimes. He had thrush a few weeks back. Maybe it's hanging out behind his ears, too.

So strange.

That cradle cap could also be it....Toby has some cream for his at the moment and it's really helping:thumbup:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->