Stir fry/fresh egg noodles...where am i going wrong?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Right iv had 2 attempts now at making a stir fry and i just can't seem to get it right!:growlmad:...im cooking the fresh egg noodles with what i think is a drop of oil but it still comes out really really greasy!?...am i really putting too much in? How much oil do you add? Any advice would be appreciated :) xx

Hmm, we used the fresh noodles a couple of times (the ones you just ass straight to the wok) and to be honest we didn't like them as much as the dried ones that you boil in water. They were just a bit greasy and tasteless. Doubt you're doing anything wrong, I think they are just an acquired taste!

Mine come out like that too, prefer the dried ones!!

The fresh fat yellow egg noodles I assume you're speaking of?

They always turn out greasy. lol. Are you adding meat and vegetables? Just leave the juices from the meat/vegetables in the wok and warm up in there, that way there's no added oil??

Hmm, we used the fresh noodles a couple of times (the ones you just ass straight to the wok) and to be honest we didn't like them as much as the dried ones that you boil in water. They were just a bit greasy and tasteless. Doubt you're doing anything wrong, I think they are just an acquired taste!

They are disgusting aren't they!!

I always cook then mix into the stirfry before serving to coat them with the sauce.

Where are you buying them from? We get Sainsbury's and they're not greasy at all but others we've had have been very greasy. Check on the ingredients if they are in sesame oil as that makes them taste pretty ick.

Where are you buying them from? We get Sainsbury's and they're not greasy at all but others we've had have been very greasy. Check on the ingredients if they are in sesame oil as that makes them taste pretty ick.

I get mine from sainsburys too hun...dont know whats going on :shrug: xx

Thanks for the peace of mind girls...was really thinking i was doing something seriously wrong!! x

They add oil after cooking to stop them sticking together so pluss the oil your adding to cook makes them greasy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->