stitches area bleeding after nearly 4 weeks

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Heather.78, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Heather.78

Heather.78 Well-Known Member

well as it says my lochia started to tail off so happy, but as I was doing the 4 am feed this morning desided to pig out on hobnobs yummy but they are so dry so coughed loads, and when I got up for the old nappy change I was bleeding loads, and when I tried to go back to sleep my lady area was really sore had a look at my bits which all look so weird now anyway so couldnt tell if there was a difference, any one else had the same problem. I know Im going to end up going to the doctor but I really dont want anyone touching my bits for a very long time

2. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Don't know what to say as I've never had a natural delivery. But after 4 weeks you'd think the stitch area would have healed up to a great extent. I know my C-section incision was doing very well at that point. (Yes, I know...different area etc.)

Do you think it could possibly be your first AF?

Other than that, I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it.

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Yeah I was mostly healed by that point, if it is your stitches than it should be checked out immediately

4. keelykat

keelykat Guest

Hi ya, i had three lots of tears and so needed lots of stitches-its been four weeks for me too now. My bleeding stooped about a week ago and has been like a creamy discharge for a week-my lady bits dont ache much now and all swelling has gone down. although i wouldnt want anyone touching up there just yet as its still delicate/tender.

I would say see your gp or midwife/hv and get it checked. i know how you feel though-im dreading my 6 week check up-dont want to be messed with.gotta have a smear too!

x x

5. Donna79x

Donna79x Mummy to Rihanna Paige x

Awwww hun.... u need to get checked out hun.. call your HV n see if she can come to you maybe.

Maybe ur lochia as mine as come back again but not loads xxxx GET CHECKED OUT HUN BUT TELL THEM TO BE BLOODY CAREFUL LOL XXXX