Stitches question!

Katapillar

Reaction score
I’m now 12 weeks pp, when I had my little boy I had a 2nd degree tear, this got stitched internally and externally in theatre, after I came home I did notice that I had lost some bits of thread (about 2 weeks pp) but was told this would be because of them dissolving anyway, so that was that, no one would check my stitches, the mw and hv both saw me lots pp and wouldn’t look, then my doctor at my 6 week check also refused, I looked (using a mirror) recently, and (sorry for tmi) it looks like the skin has split, I can see like the inside basically, it wasn’t like this before I had baby, but I didn’t look until about 8 weeks pp so no idea how it was stitched (I wouldn’t let my fiancé look either cause I was self conscious)
I aren’t in any pain or anything with it, just concerned about how it looks😔 I’m also a little worried about how it will effect me, we’re currently ttc baby #2 and I’m worried that this could stop me conceiving?😔
Anyone had the same happen? Or know what I should do?
Thanks in advance!💕

Do you mean you can see inside to your pelvic floor muscles or is the hole in your labia and you can see into the vagina? If it's the former you really need to insist on getting someone to look at it. I wouldn't have thought it would affect your ability to concieve but pregnancy supresses your immune system so an infection could take over if it's a hole going into your body

I really aren’t sure, how would I tell?��
Thank you for replying!

Your midwife and your GP should have both checked your stitches. It's a standard part of the postnatal check ups. My midwives checked mine (also had a 2nd degree tear) probably about 4-5 different appts before I was discharged at 28 days pp. The GP would have checked at 6 weeks, but I was happy with it all and had no issues so I requested no follow up. I did have a weird flap of skin appear maybe after 8 weeks (it was more like weird scar tissue, nothing to do with the stitches really) so I did make an appt specifically about that and the GP checked them then. It's completely normal for it all to look a bit weird for awhile because the skin and muscles have changed, but you shouldn't see obviously tearing or an open wound. I would make a further appt with your GP. It won't affect your TTC in the future. Some people don't even get their tears stitched at all. But it could cause you pain down the road if something is not quite right, so better to get it looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->