stolen names

vic161209

Reaction score
my huge rant-still peving me off. so my good friend was round today and i told her we think we've got our name, evie rose, and she immediately said noooo thats our name please dont use that- u cant use it, our name is eva rose :wacko: awkward!! she ranted to tell me she told us she was using that name if ever she got pregnant n had a daughter (shes trying but def not preg yet) iv honestly never ever ever heard her say it ever! mydd1 is madi n second choice was lila rose, since we got preg iv said if girl its lila rose or evie rose (in other words the middle name has been picked years n publically talked about) she then said it doesnt rly matter if we have the first name as there dif 'just' but we cant steal rose!! im gutted this is so awkward. i dont want to cause a row or any thing but dont know how to handle this. im 5mth pg with a daughter n shes not even preg and may never have a girl, or may change her mind, as she admitted they only thought this name up since trying to concive which is less than 5mths ago so not a life long choice. i dont overly see the issue of us both having the same name, but thats prob coz we'd b using it first. if she was having a lo befor me n used it id change my choice! :cry::shrug:

there's nothing wrong with the same rose name surely , she may not even have a girl and you would have held back on a name for no reason xx

Ugh, I hate people like that! I'd say "finders keepers", but I had to give up my name of choice for a boy "Robert" because of my sister. She's not even trying but told me she would never speak to me again if I used the name. And, the sad part? Robert is the name of my grandpa who passed away 5 years ago. Threatening to never speak to me again over my deceased grandfather's name is awesome...

I'd honestly use it if it were just a friend.

I'm sorry, but she's not even pregnant yet. She may only be destined for boys! Use it. It's your name and you picked it.

:( Choosing names is one of the hardest feats in pregnancy!!!! You go through names and its like.... Can't have that such and such has it.....It's a cousins name..... Oh no what's his face's dogs called that!!!! Never ending!!!!
What I done understand is why can you still not have Rose?????

Use what you want! She's selfish to ask you not to use it when she's not even pregnant! Chances are she will change her mind by the time she gets pregnant, if she has a girl! Then you'd end up feeling even more robbed of the name. Stick to your name and if she can't accept that then she's not really your friend!

I would still use the name. First of all she's not preggo yet and second she could have a boy.

Your Baby.

Your name choice.

End of. If she kills the friendship because of that, then she's REALLY not worth it.

thanks ladies, makes me feel better as i havent truely thought about changing my name choice but just wondered if that made me a b****, i dont want to cause a row n dont want to b awful about it but there is too high a chance she will change her mind/not have a girl ect. evie rose it is:haha: (y does that now make me feel like iv done some thing bad!):blush:

Surely if Rose was a middle name it wouldnt be an issue anyway?

I don't see the big deal in having the same middle name. The thing is if she's a good enough friend she's not going to fall out with you over naming your child as you choose.

Also I have had the same girl name for 8 years and made my best friends promise not to use it and tried not to share it on forums etc in case loads of people saw it and used it as I don't like overly popular names and in my whole life have never known anyone with the name. Guess what I'm on my 4th boy and the only boy name I love is so similar to it that should I ever have another baby and its a girl I wont even get to use the name I've been holding on to.

gah she's being very unreasonable! Sounds like jealousy to me!

Use the name yours is reality hers is a dream ATM x

I'd say stick to it, you are preggers with a girl she may not even have a girl. I changed my name choices about a million times since TTC and actually having the baby so she may well change her mind yet anyways.

Aw that's not fair of your friend to ask that of you. It's your baby girl and you should have which ever name you decide. I would deffo still stick with the name, it's very pretty, its very similar to the name I've always liked which is Edie Rose, if I ever had a girl :) I would hate for someone to tell me no you can't have that x

I agree with those who say just use it.
1. She is not even pregnant yet and there is no guarantee she'll ever have a girl.
2. It's only the middle name that's the same, don't see an issue with it personally.

Evie is a beautiful name, we were thinking of using it for this baby if it turned out to be a girl, but looks like it's not :)

my huge rant-still peving me off. so my good friend was round today and i told her we think we've got our name, evie rose, and she immediately said noooo thats our name please dont use that- u cant use it, our name is eva rose :wacko: awkward!! she ranted to tell me she told us she was using that name if ever she got pregnant n had a daughter (shes trying but def not preg yet) iv honestly never ever ever heard her say it ever! mydd1 is madi n second choice was lila rose, since we got preg iv said if girl its lila rose or evie rose (in other words the middle name has been picked years n publically talked about) she then said it doesnt rly matter if we have the first name as there dif 'just' but we cant steal rose!! im gutted this is so awkward. i dont want to cause a row or any thing but dont know how to handle this. im 5mth pg with a daughter n shes not even preg and may never have a girl, or may change her mind, as she admitted they only thought this name up since trying to concive which is less than 5mths ago so not a life long choice. i dont overly see the issue of us both having the same name, but thats prob coz we'd b using it first. if she was having a lo befor me n used it id change my choice! :cry::shrug:

Ugh, I hate people like that! I'd say "finders keepers", but I had to give up my name of choice for a boy "Robert" because of my sister. She's not even trying but told me she would never speak to me again if I used the name. And, the sad part? Robert is the name of my grandpa who passed away 5 years ago. Threatening to never speak to me again over my deceased grandfather's name is awesome...

I'd honestly use it if it were just a friend.
You should BOTH use the names you want to use.

She who gets knocked up first, names first.

(BTW, middle names are FREQUENTLY shared among women. People put a lot of thought into a girl's first name and, for the middle name, just choose something short or with good rhythm. So Ann(e), Nicole, Marie, Lynn, and Elizabeth used to be some of the most common girls' middle names out there. These days Grace and Rose are some of the most popular middle names for girls. If you give your girl one of those middle names, they are going to meet a lot of other girls who have them. So what's the big deal?)

https://www.namenerds.com/uucn/advice/middle.html

One of my best friends has been saying she wants five kids ever since we were kids, and she always wanted the name Thomas. Up to two years ago she was dying to be a mom. Turns out she's 33 now and still hasn't begun TTC, even though her boyfriend is dying to be a father and even threatens to leave her if they don't begin TTC soon. After a lifetime of torturing everyone with her five potential children now she wants to travel and do other things before becoming a mom. When I mentioned the name she said she had changed ages ago and she didn't even remember she wanted that name. Perhaps your friend's rant about the name is a bit of jelousy. But as you can see, people often change their minds ;)

If she never mentioned it to you, there's no way she can have it reserved. If she had mentioned it, I wouldn't use it. I've had some names in mind for years, but never mentioned them to anyone, and a friend of mine ended up naming his daughter one of my names. I certainly had no right to get irritated, so of course I didn't.

Also, I had one particular girls name in mind, that I really thought would be THE name if I had a girl. But now that I'm pregnant, none of my names seem quite right, and now I'm thinking about a completely different name. So people can change their minds.

I really, really like Lila Rose. Evie Rose is really pretty too. There's no way your friend has more rights to a name than you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->