stolen names

Well that doesn't change the fact that you can use the name LOL :p

your friend is 7 weeks pregnant now but apparently wasn't pregnant on May 12th? Of course she was and she would have known it, too

your friend is 7 weeks pregnant now but apparently wasn't pregnant on May 12th? Of course she was and she would have known it, too

Probably not- it was a month ago, she'd only have been 3 weeks. Most people dont find out til AF is due (unless you are obsessive ;) ) Like me :haha:

she found out on 14th may. she would have been 3wks that day, but since the pregnancy is dated from the first day of last period (when your not pregnant) then she would have been less than a week past ovulation, n prob not showing + if she was testing. so technically she was preg when it all started. not giving it a second though now as shes just as happy to b preg I don't think she will care now.:happydance:

how?

the majority of positives wont show up until 11 DPO which means she most likely didn't

I was over 6 weeks before I got a positive my friend was 8 weeks

unless she was a full on POAS addict I doubt she would have a chance of knowing

how?

the majority of positives wont show up until 11 DPO which means she most likely didn't

I was over 6 weeks before I got a positive my friend was 8 weeks

unless she was a full on POAS addict I doubt she would have a chance of knowing

I'm always positive 8-9 dpo...not that uncommon

Id still use it. My moms cousin stole my girl name, which was my grandmother's name. If I ever have a girl I'm going to use the name, regardless of what she has to say about it.

even though the names are similar they are different. So I would keep the name you picked and she can keep her name too IF she has a girl and who knows your girls could be the best friends and I know girls would love to have similar names. I had an issue actually two issues when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had a Great Aunt Sarah who I admired and I always loved the name Nicole. When I found out I was pregnant with a girl it was a no brainer that she would be named Sarah Nicole. Well I WAS gonna call her Nickie for short but as soon as one of my Cousin in laws found this out she got a dog and named it Nickie, (and she admitted doing this as a jab to my face....she is no longer with the family either) So we were ok with just calling her Sarah instead of Nickie but then another cousin on my other side of the family found out about the name Sarah so she decided SHE was going to use it too and my Aunts wanted me to choose another name but I didnt cause the girls wouldnt see each other but at family reunions if that because I am just not as close to that side of the family and Im stubborn. Every now and again there is a snide comment from my Aunts on my dad's side of the family but they always are like that so I dont pay too much attention to it. SO what Im saying is I didnt back down from family I sure as heck wouldnt back down for a friend. Besides I have strong feelings that the name comes to you when you are actually pregnant. I had all sorts of names I had previously picked out but now when I look back on them I was like what was I thinking?!? So there is a good chance she wouldnt even use that name when she does get pregnant.

Seems like people see this more as an issue with girls than boys! Ninety percent of the guys I've dated had David, James or John as a middle name, haha.

One of my best friends actually did 'steal' the boy's name I loved. It was an accident, I mentioned it to her once and she fell in love with it but forgot where she heard it. I was a bit surprised at the time but I wasn't even pregnant, so no biggie. I actually do have a son now and I love the name we chose even more than the other one.

Your "friend" is simply selfish. Evie Rose is adorable and cuter than her choice anyway. She's not even freakin' pregnant, and she could end up having a boy. It's ridiculous that she would try and begrudge you of using the name. I feel your pain though, but it's obviously something dear to your heart and I DO NOT think you should cave on this issue at all. For me, names are sacred, and if it's something you've wanted for this long, then I just don't think you should sacrifice it for a friend who may or may not ever get pregnant, may or may not have a daughter, and may or may not change her mind in the end any way. Evie Rose it is!

Use it! Excuse my pregnancy temper for a moment, but when I read this I thought to myself, that she can get over it and act mature, who cares if one day she has a daughter with the same middle names. Several people share the same name!! Plus, how exactly does she know when she's getting pregnant and that she's having girls, it could be several years.

Go with it, beautiful name by the way :)

I feel like some ladies on this thread really can't empathize with someone's loss. I really hope you never have to face something like this. To the OP: you seem to have a big heart. I think were it me, I'd go ahead and name my baby Cain Jr. or whatever you had in mind, but I wouldn't do the CJ thing just out of respect for my SIL and our future relationship.

I wanted to copy and paste this to show everyone what it feels like from the perspective of the SIL when a name is used. I get that this is a different situation as CJ wasn't mentioned before, but now that it has been discussed and the SIL said it would hurt her, I think the same rules apply as they did in Ava's mom's case. Ava's mom is a great person who is very supportive in the miscarriage forums.

My question to those who lack empathy for a loss:

Let's say that you lose your child. You had the name Olivia Marie picked out all your life. Your SIL swoops in and names her daughter that. Understand that the anger is NOT about using the same name exactly....it's the fact that the SIL used it ONLY because your child is DEAD. DEAD. DEAD. Your SIL wouldn't have likely done the same name if your child was ALIVE. ALIVE. ALIVE. So it's a constant reminder that your child wasn't GOOD enough for this Earth and is dead! Or at least that's how it feels to the mom who lost her baby!

Here is her story and how her SIL using the name Ava made her feel:

In my case I lost my baby girl at 22 weeks . My SIL gave birth in November 2012 and gave her the same name as my angel. She didn't even ask us , she broke my heart and we haven't talked since. I feel she had no right to do this, she has given me a reminder of the worst pain I have ever known. I would have never done that to her if it was me, never. I am sorry but what she did is unforgivable. And I don't think I am acting like i am in high school about it..
:flower: There are some things you just don't do.. :nope:

That sounds terrible, but because it's not a matter of stealing the name, but rather, as you say, of making it a constant reminder :nope:

We aren't talking . The baby will be 7 months in June and I haven't even see her :nope: Millions of names why pick the one that every time I hear I will die a little inside. I will just never understand why.. :hugs:

I feel like some ladies on this thread really can't empathize with someone's loss. I really hope you never have to face something like this. To the OP: you seem to have a big heart. I think were it me, I'd go ahead and name my baby Cain Jr. or whatever you had in mind, but I wouldn't do the CJ thing just out of respect for my SIL and our future relationship.

I wanted to copy and paste this to show everyone what it feels like from the perspective of the SIL when a name is used. I get that this is a different situation as CJ wasn't mentioned before, but now that it has been discussed and the SIL said it would hurt her, I think the same rules apply as they did in Ava's mom's case. Ava's mom is a great person who is very supportive in the miscarriage forums.

Let's say that you lose your child. You had the name Olivia Marie picked out all your life. Your SIL swoops in and names her daughter that. Understand that the anger is NOT about using the same name exactly....it's the fact that the SIL used it ONLY because your child is DEAD. DEAD. DEAD. Your SIL wouldn't have likely done the same name if your child was ALIVE. ALIVE. ALIVE. So it's a constant reminder that your child wasn't GOOD enough for this Earth and is dead! Or at least that's how it feels to the mom who lost her baby!

In my case I lost my baby girl at 22 weeks . My SIL gave birth in November 2012 and gave her the same name as my angel. She didn't even ask us , she broke my heart and we haven't talked since. I feel she had no right to do this, she has given me a reminder of the worst pain I have ever known. I would have never done that to her if it was me, never. I am sorry but what she did is unforgivable. And I don't think I am acting like i am in high school about it..

That sounds terrible, but because it's not a matter of stealing the name, but rather, as you say, of making it a constant reminder :nope:

We aren't talking . The baby will be 7 months in June and I haven't even see her :nope: Millions of names why pick the one that every time I hear I will die a little inside. I will just never understand why.. :hugs:

im confused as to why this is relevant to this thread?

im confused as to why this is relevant to this thread?

Sorry posted this wrong thread.. This was meant for a second tri post about can't use name I want

I actually prefer your other choice, Lila. That used to be one of our names bu dh doesn't like it. I love it. Tbh I would never discuss names with friends for this reason. If you hadn't have discussed it, you could have named the baby that and it just would have been a surprise to her, and who would have cared what she'd think.

And... Evie and Eva are two different names. If it was the same name, it might put you off but. I'd keep what you want x

Oh it's a middle name!! :wacko:

I don't know what t say because I don't know what I would do but seriously it's not like it's a first name? gaah.

Let us know what you decide :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->