Stomach cramps and diarrheoa (sorry!) for 2 days now...is this a concern?

bex3614

Reaction score
Starting early yesterday morning i started feeling stomach aches, and also going to the toilet alot! 5 times to be precise :blush:
Yesterday the stomach aches were bearable, and felt alot like dull aching period pains.
Today already, they feel much more painful...

If it gets to dinner time ish and im still experiencing the runs and the stomach aches, i may ring my midwife. I just dont want to sound pathetic and ringing everytime something different happens :shrug:

Anybody experiencing/experienced the same? x

Not experiencing it myself, but does sound very much like labour is imminent! The runs usually a sign of your body preparing not to super soak lmao the midwife when pushing! Contractions felt like dull period pains to me to!

Supersoak lol! Well id rather it all come out now then haha.
These stomach aches are very far apart though, like an hour or so. How far apart are the first set of contractions supposed to be do you know? Or is it different for different women? x

Well it can be different for everyone! But generally speaking you aren't advised to go to hospital until they are 5 minutes apart!

Try and do plenty of walking, or up n down stairs or rolling around sitting on birthing ball! Might help the process speed up! Sounds like slow labour! Could go on for a long time yet so do what you can to hep things progress, let the people who need to know in plenty of time but not until your sure they are getting closer together!

Okay that sounds like good advice, thankyou! :)

I'm only 37 weeks (tomorrow) though...i suppose thats not TOO early... i was expecting i'd go over for some reason x

I hope this isn't the case - i've been like that for about a week now!!!!

Well bex perhaps give the hospital a ring just to mention your gestation!

Uh oh, and your even earlier than me Roomaloo!

You been going to the toilet several times a day too? x

Yeah Leets i think i might, if i have another bad stomach ache/toilet incident i'm going to ring my midwife at the birth centre.

I dont think it has, but i wonder if it has any relation to pre eclampsia, as i've recently discovered i may be at risk of that x

Not sure of the toilet being a symptom of pre e, think feeling faint n flashing in ur vision n headaches isn't it? Plus high bp n protein in urine! When are u next due to see mw?

Yeah ive been told to watch out for headaches and vision but...

I had a tour around my birth centre on Sunday eve, and all of a sudden i noticed my hands and feet had swollen right up. This was the first time i had ever noticed this through out my pregnancy. So the midwife at hospital decided to do a quick check on me. Turns out my blood pressure was really high and i had + protein in my wee, so she was going to transfer me to another hospital to put me on a monitor to keep track on babys heart (although heart rate was fine, at the top end 150/60's)
After about half an hour she did my blood pressure twice more and it was decreasing so i didnt go to the other hospital, she just sent a midwife to visit me the next day, and both BP and wee was fine, although feet were still a bit swollen...

So the point of this essay (lol) is that although your supposed to get symptoms with pre eclampsia such as the headaches and funny vision, i had no idea at the hospital that my blood pressure was high, therefore im anxious that i might not know next time it goes high...if that makes any sense??

my midwife is coming to see me on Friday morning x

Uh oh, and your even earlier than me Roomaloo!

You been going to the toilet several times a day too? x

yep and i thought pregnancy was meant to equal constipation! Though i guess this way is better??

Good luck with the monitoring, hope everything is ok.

Yeah ive heard/read its usually constipation too, but i havent had that once during my pregnancy :/

Thankyou i hope all is well too, it should be :) x

Towards the end of all my pregnancies I had diarrhea and stomach cramps, experiencing that again with this one. It is something that docs say is completely normal, some women just 'clean out' before birth. Doesn't mean you are going into labor right away, but it is your body's way of getting ready. I did have massive diarrhea when my water broke with my second though, so ya never know. Good luck!

I've had this the past two days or so. At night I am on the toilet peeing constantly, in the day I have been on the toilet with terrible tummy ache and diarrhea! Its beginning to drive me insane.
I get horrible period like cramps too. (which is very strange, since i haven't had these kind of cramps in months! xD)

I just hope it either goes away and is just a tummy bug, or its a sign of impending labour. I cannot cope with this for the next few weeks! Costing me a fortune in toilet roll! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->