Stomach cramps from crying

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Sadly yesterday my grandad passed away after being rushed into hospital on Tuesday afternoon and given 24 hours to live. 24 hours straight the whole family were by his side and I hadn't slept a wink in that time. There were so many tears shed I didn't think it was possible to cry anymore.
When I got home last night, I cried myself to sleep. This morning I've woken up with the worst stomach cramps imaginable and now I'm really worried. Could it just be pulled muscles from all of the crying or should I get it checked out? I know there's really nothing anyone can do anyway so would I just be wasting someone's time?
I had a scan yesterday morning and baby looked fine we could see it move and saw the heartbeat at 9+3 but I know that doesn't mean all is ok now. I'm so worried.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:.
Crying lots can really cause your muscles to ache, so I'm sure it is that, but perhaps you could call your MW and ask her advice in case she wants to check you out? :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:.
Crying lots can really cause your muscles to ache, so I'm sure it is that, but perhaps you could call your MW and ask her advice in case she wants to check you out? :hugs:

Thank you. That's what I thought, it feels like someone has repeatedly punched me in the stomach. Like it's all bruised with added contraction like cramps when I move about. Logical me says its just strain from the upset but I can't get out of my head that something may be wrong.
I cancelled a private scan yesterday because of the situation, so I'm going to call them and try to rearrange for the next day or two if I can.

Oh Kirsty I'm so sorry :hugs: I would call your midwife and see what she says c

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do think lots of crying and stress in general could cause cramps. Perhaps call your midwife for reassurance?

I hope you're feeling a bit better (physically) now. A warm bath with some muscle soak in it might help ease some of the aching :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: A warm bath may help your cramping, the muscles were probably worked so hard. Give your dr a call for peace of mind.

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I agree that it could be soreness from the crying, but it still may be worth a call just so they can determine if you should be checked out, even if just for peace of mind :hugs:

Dehydration won't help, have you been hydrating yourself, crying takes it out of u, sorry for your loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->