Stomach Troubles

Cupcake2016

Reaction score
Hi, ladies -

This is a bit TMI.

I'm 4+5 by LMP (but only 4+1 by date of conception). Got our BFP at 9 DPO on Friday. Since Tuesday night I've had some mild diarrhea (sorry to be so forward!). I've googled around and sort of reassured myself that everything is fine. This morning after breakfast, though, I suddenly got these awful abdominal cramps like you get when you have a stomach bug. I had several really bad trips to the bathroom, and felt awfully nauseous. Then after about 2 hours it mostly passed. I still have an upset stomach and those abdominal cramps come and go, but they're a thousand times better than they were earlier this morning.

Has anything like this happened to anyone? I thought I was getting the stomach bug, and maybe it's a mild one since I haven't been feeling right since Tuesday? My first appointment is not until the end of July, when I'll be 10 weeks, but I do have a previously scheduled phone consultation with a nurse at the OB office this evening, just as part of the initial intake to the office, I guess. I'll definitely mention this to her.

Just trying to keep positive. I did take another test this morning and the test line was darker than the control, so that made me happy.

I'm right there with you! It's since passed but was the same the other day from the time I woke up I stayed near the pottylol! :/ hope
You get the feeling better.

Thanks for your reply! While it's nice to feel like I'm not alone, I'm so sorry you went through that; it's definitely not a good time. I'm glad you're feeling better, though! It's difficult not to worry, but everything I've read seems to say that there should be no impact on the little bean, since our bodies have plenty of stored nutrients ��

Thanks for your reply! While it's nice to feel like I'm not alone, I'm so sorry you went through that; it's definitely not a good time. I'm glad you're feeling better, though! It's difficult not to worry, but everything I've read seems to say that there should be no impact on the little bean, since our bodies have plenty of stored nutrients ��

I did end up checking with a nurse just because I never exprienced it with previous pregnancy and they said it was normal. But I'm a worrier anyways lol

It could well be a stomach bug, but early pg can cause diarrhoea too! I think my form of 'morning sickness' has been bouts of stomach cramps and loose poo (tmi). I find that this most happens first thing in the morning most days, but I have IBS anyway so maybe the hormones are simply worsening that.
If going to the toilet is easing the cramps I wouldn't be too concerned, just stay hydrated and see your GP if it continues xxxxxx

I also had diarrhea in weeks 4 & 5, returned to normal in week 6, and then in week 7 started getting constipated. It's all part of the fun...

I did end up checking with a nurse just because I never exprienced it with previous pregnancy and they said it was normal. But I'm a worrier anyways lol

I'm such a worrier, too! Glad to hear the nurse said it was normal!! I'm definitely looking forward to speaking with my nurse, just so that they're aware. It's my first pregnancy so it can be a little difficult to gauge what's "normal." It must be just as difficult comparing across pregnancies, though, since each one can be so different!

It could well be a stomach bug, but early pg can cause diarrhoea too! I think my form of 'morning sickness' has been bouts of stomach cramps and loose poo (tmi). I find that this most happens first thing in the morning most days, but I have IBS anyway so maybe the hormones are simply worsening that.
If going to the toilet is easing the cramps I wouldn't be too concerned, just stay hydrated and see your GP if it continues xxxxxx

I have a bit of a sensitive stomach anyway, so I could totally believe that this might be my form of morning sickness. That totally makes sense. The cramps do go away when using the bathroom. Unfortunately they kept coming back within 5 minutes, and it just went on like that for several rounds. I'm definitely feeling better. So strange how quickly that came and went. :shrug:

I also had diarrhea in weeks 4 & 5, returned to normal in week 6, and then in week 7 started getting constipated. It's all part of the fun...

Sounds magical :) I did read from Dr. Google that some people start out with diarrhea, and that they later almost "miss" it because the constipation is so bad. What a ride!

Glad to hear this is all normal! When I told my husband how I was feeling, he was soooo worried.

Week 4-5 was like that for me too. Horrible stomach cramps combined with diarrhea which kept me up until the early morning hours. Now I'm in week 6 and as others mentioned I'm constipated and that's waking me up in the middle of the night! I'm waiting on the nausea to kick in, but like yourself, I'm wondering if really bad indigestion is going to be my morning sickness this time around. It's brutal. Hang in there! :hugs:

Hi ladies, I'm so glad someone has asked this. I've had diarrhea since before my bfp on 13dpo. Glad to know it's normal and not something to worry about.

Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"