Stop asking! {{Rant}}

Cathington

Reaction score
I know she's my best friend, and i know she's only excited, but i wish she would STOP TEXTING ME every morning saying "are you in labour yet?" or "any contractions?" then again throughout the day "any signs?"

THEN, as if this makes me feel better, when i tell her, again and again, NO, he's not made a move yet she acts as if it's my fault and says things like "You're definitely gonna reach 42 weeks and need to be induced, i can see it". Does she not realise how much i am AWARE that is a possibility, and one i don't really like?!

Oh, and another thing, making little comments about how you think i'm too immature and not ready for a baby (when when adding "no offense") DOES cause offense!! And telling me reasons why you'd make a better mummy is just damn insulting! Also, telling me whilst we was in Asda that you have this image in your head of me LEAVING me baby accidentally with the frozen chickens and taking one of them thinking it's my baby is seriously NOT FUNNY.

I GET IT. You want a baby.

JUST LEAVE MINE ALONE.

It's my baby!! I get your my friend, been with me to appointments and gave me lots of cute baby gifts, but i DON'T need your opinion on everything to do with MY baby or you telling me how much you think i'm going to suck in the first few weeks just because my mother didn't have 9 other siblings like yours did and you were the oldest.

That doesn't mean you'll be any better than me!

Telling me how when you was pregnant you did __ differently to me is also starting to bug me, as is your comments on what i should do after the birth. "Oh you should get him Christened and make me Godparent haha" or comments like "Make sure you remember to actually feed him Cath LOL"

No. Just... no. :growlmad:

It's just starting to annoy me SO much!!! I feel as if she's constantly making digs at me whilst covering it up as a joke / friendly advice, and tbh i'm getting really insulted. She had a miscarriage last year, and ever since she found out about me she wont leave me alone and had to have a comment or say about everything and i feel like she's belittling me...

Would it be unfair of me to just tell her to BACK off, even though i know she's only doing it because of her own hurt? I have this feeling she sees my LO as hers right now, the way she wont leave me alone :l

woah. She sounds full on!
I think that if you reckon she'll continue or get worse after LO arrives, it's prob best telling her now that she needs to take a step back!
:hugs: xxx

if it was me personally i would tell her everything uve just said and about how it is offending u. and if she doesnt get the message tell her to shove it!

she doesnt really sound like a very good friend to be honest . . i have met women like that before who try to make little digs all the time and pass it off as a joke or banter. i would either tell her its not on or start to distance myself from her

Good mates can be tough going during pregnancy. They see the impact of the pg on the friendship and the loss of their control over you and your time IYKWIM. She is going beyond however and needs to back right off. Stop responding to her so quickly and take a bit of the control back. You can blame your hormones if you don't want to be too harsh but you need to do something before she ends up in the frozen chicken store!! :nope:

she sounds like she is being just awful to you. I lost my best friend when I had my Bubbs, she teased and made fun of me until he was born and then suddenly she went from teasing to telling me I was a horrible mother and such and I haven't spoken to her since, it has been almost 2 years! Now I am having another and I feel so much more relaxed without someone poking fun at me the whole time.

I think i'm just gonna wait until she says something again and just tell her to back off. It's really beginning to bug me :l she's began calling herself his 'aunty' and saying all the things she's gonna buy him, cook him, all the music she's gonna introduce him too and the jobs he could have etc, and i feel as though she thinks she's the mother here and i'm just the carrier of her baby or something. When i'm not, he's mine :l

Bleh!! :l

just say i appreciate your concern for me and my pregnancy but i will text you or let you know when i'm in labour,with you texting me everyday about it is making me anxious so could you just not ask me from now on until i TELL you when it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->