Stop Supervising Bath Time

Apen2009

Reaction score
My LO is only 2.5 y/o so I know I'm a long way off to stop supervising bath time. . . which is fine. . I love our little bath routine :)

But I can't help but wonder, as she splashes around in there, when does one allow a child to take a bath without constant supervision? It seems a scary thing to transition out of but I imagine a 10y/o will be fine with out me there . . hahaha. . But is a 6y/o or a 5y/o. .. I realize some of this depends on the child but I was wondering what other Moms where doing. . .

My daughter was 5 in October and I have just started letting her have baths without me there. She leaves the bathroom door open and sings to herself so that I know she's ok. I must say though, she is a VERY mature 5 year old, I can't see me allowing my dd2 to do this when she's 5. xxx :flower:

i think it depends on the child my cousin is 5 in may and i dont think he will be having baths unsupervised until he leaves home :haha: he throws him self about and dunks his head under constantly

my 6 year old baths without constant supervision - i will run the bath and help her get in etc, i also wash her hair for her but i will leave her to sit in there unattended and play and have done since about 5.5 but always with the door open and ill keep shouting ''is everything ok!'' or sticking my head in the bathroom lol, and i dont let her get out alone - she has to call me to help her get out!
:)

I allowed the girls to start bathing alone ( with the door cracked open) when they were about 5 yrs old. We live in a single floor home so I could easily hear them in the bath and was able to "just" walk by to check on them from time to time.

my 6 year old baths without constant supervision - i will run the bath and help her get in etc, i also wash her hair for her but i will leave her to sit in there unattended and play and have done since about 5.5 but always with the door open and ill keep shouting ''is everything ok!'' or sticking my head in the bathroom lol, and i dont let her get out alone - she has to call me to help her get out!
:)

snap :thumbup:

jacks 2.5 and sometimes i will leave him for a sec while i get something from my bedroom which is next door, i wouldnt leave him for longer but i can hear everything hes doing and stuff. but yeah 5 seems a good age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->