Stopping antidepressant for pregnancy

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
As a sufferer of anxiety and depression disorders, I struggle with the root of all of these thoughts... am I enough? am I worth it? is everyone else worth more than me?

I am planning to taper off my medication. Theses thoughts have been very manageable while medicated. But we've been trying to have a baby and I just want to see if I can manage without medication throughout my pregnancy. For a while I was sure on the fact that if pregnancy were to happen I would stay on a reduced dose but now I am wavering on that. At least if I taper off and then it turns out that my symptoms are completely unmanageable I would look into it again...

I just don't know. It's so hard. I am functioning at a level much higher than ever in my life but at the same time would I regret it if something were to happen to my possible future babies that could have possibly been caused by my medication? This is a question I'm not sure I'm prepared to answer.

Any thoughts? Any other moms with similar dilemmas?

I know stopping is not an option for some. And I strongly believe that this is a very personal thing which relates to each person's circumstances. No one can really say what would work for one person's circumstances versus another's.

I am just asking for you ladies' stories if you have them. Maybe it would help me be at more ease with my own decision.

Edit: when I say stopping, I don't mean stopping cold turkey. I mean that I have begun the process of tapering off my medication (which is prozac).

I was on sertraline before getting pregnant. I decided to come off them, and I do struggle, but for me I didn’t want to be taking medication whilst cooking a little one.
It’s very hard though. I fee utter shit most days and it’s a struggle. I do however have better days. I think, like you say it’s a personal decision. Just try and talk openly to your other half because after all, it does affect them too. Good luck x

Just realised this was posted in may! Lol hope you’re doing well anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->