Stopping BCP

duchessme

Reaction score
So heres the thing... I am on BCP, and me and my OH are going to start TTC soon. I would just like to know from you other lovely ladies who have been on BCP, about when you came off of the BCP. How long did it take for your cycles to regulate and how long did it take you to fall pregnent? I know everyone is different but just wondering what to expect.

Hi duchess - I came off my bcp over a year ago but we weren't TTC then. We just used the withdrawal method, and either I'm very infertile or DH was very good because nothing ever happened! lol Actually, my cycles were regular immediately after coming off the bcp. It's funny but the longer I'm OFF BCP's, the more IRREGULAR I am! :dohh:

Hi, I was only the BCP for years and came off it in April. It took 28 days for my AF to show. I conceived during cycle #3. I guess I was lucky because I read some real scare stories on the internet about how, after BCP, it can take some ladies months to get back to a regular cycle. Hope that helps.

hello! :wave:

i came off bcp in March of last year after 11 years...AF was still regular too....

i got my first bfp in March of this year, so 11 months....i had a mc though....

everyone is different though in terms of how long, some peope take a month, whilst for others it can unfortuntely be years....general rule is that a doctor won't really take much notice until after a year of serious ttc.....

i hope that you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to wait too long though...

luv & hugs
:hugs:

:hi:

I came off the bcp in July this year... I concieved in the first cycle... everyone is different tho!

I came off BCP in late August, and my cycles regulated pretty quickly (although they were shorter than pre-BCP--24 days instead of 28 days). I was pregnant by November! Of course everyone is different. Good luck in your TTC journey

i came off bcp a year and a half ago but we weren't ttc then. good job too coz i would have gone insane by now-had no af for 6 months and then a constand one for the following 6 months as my progesterone levels were all wrong. after that had to go on 6 progesterone tablets a day for 3 months and for the last while i've been back to some sort of regularity (average cycle 35 days or there abouts)!

HOWEVER - before u get completely freaked out!!! the doc things the problems i had started after taking a couple of depo injections and were simply covered up for a few years by the 'false' af's i was getting when on the bcp so please remember that this is probably an exeptional circumstance. :-D xxxx

I came off the pill durin the middle of July, 32 days later AF showed up, now i'm waitin for my 2nd cycle which should be due on the 20th Sept, but god only knows whether it'll regulate properly or not.

I haven't got pregnant yet so i can't answer that, sorry. Good luck! xx

I came off my pill last monday & AF turned up on the following saturday (which I expected) & waiting for her to bugger off at the minute so we can get back to TTC so wont really no what my cycles will be like until I'm next due which should be the end of the month x

Thank you very much ladies, and good luck to those of you who are trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->