Stopping mini pill, issue

mirandaprice

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I was on the mini pill after having my son but stopped taking it March 21 when I got my period a week earlier then expected (previous months on the pill I was spotting/bleeding for two weeks straight). My husband and I are now wanting to have another baby, but here's my issue,

My cycles prior to my son were always 28 days, so assuming something similar I should of started my period yesterday..instead I started spotting Sat (the 16th), Sun and yesterday. Today was the first sight of red blood, but so far has been very light...is this normal regulating after the pill? I've taken tests and all bfn, so I don't know what's keeping af

There's some information missing. Did you breastfeed? Are you still breastfeeding? Often your cycle won't regulate properly until breastfeeding stops entirely, though this doesn't prevent ovulation and pregnancy. (It just makes it hard to predict)

I should of added, I breastfed for 15 months, but got my period back ten month pp. I haven't breastfed in at least 5 months (my son is 20 month) these last five month I've had a week of spotting before my period and then a period. I stopped taking the pill in March when my period came a week early (I was frustrated I was bleeding half the month). So withdrawal bleed/period began March 21st.

It's now been almost an entire 30 days, and all I've had is spotting and a very light bleed with red blood.

Tbh your period will be out of whack for a few months, I wouldn't worry. Although you might fall pregnant before AF returns (I fell pregnant on the mini pill)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->