Stopping mini pill v stopping combined pill

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Ladies, I hope you can help.

I have recently stopped taking Cerazette (pop, mini pill) 3 days ago. I wasnt worrying too much about coming off it as when I stopped my pill last time to TTC my son, I got back to normal regular cycles pretty quickly.

HOWEVER, I have just realised that the pill I was on last time was the combined pill and this time I am on the mini pill (because I had BP problems due to pre eclampsia when having my son).

All I seem to be reading is that coming off the mini pill can be more difficult and problematic than coming off the combined pill.

Does anyone have any experiences having come of both?

I took the pill for about 12 years and had no issues coming off it.

Also took the mini pill for 8 months and had no problems coming off that either.

I guess im not sure what you mean when you say "problematic" Like mood swings? side effects? cycle issues?

Sorry, should have been clearer. When I came off combined pill there were few issues in relation to cycles etc, but this time, it's the mini pill i'm coming off and I suppose I'm just worried that it might be different. I'm probably being silly as there are problems for some people coming off either, I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks for your reply.

Well since your cycle on the mini pill is already your TRUE cycle, you arent taking a week of placebos like the combo pills, i dont think you will have any problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->