Stopping progesterone?

Michellebelle

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm currently on progesterone, but my doctor says my levels have been around 70, so I can stop whenever I want. I'm choosing to stay on it for now. However, he says once I see a heartbeat I can definitely stop taking it. Everything I've read says if you're taking it, to stay on through the entire first trimester. I'm worried that if I stop around 7 weeks, my levels will drop and it will cause a miscarriage. He doesn't seem at all concerned by this.

Any thoughts?

7 weeks should be more than enough time for your body to hold on to the pregnancy itself! Honestly, if your doctor says you can stop and you feel 7 weeks is your stopping time, then by all means stop when you feel you should! I wouldn't take anything on the internet to heart.. It can be very unsettling.

I took progesterone with my last pregnancy. My GP told me to stop after I'd had my 12 week scan. I stopped at the start of my 13 week. I will also be starting progesterone tomorrow with this now I have seen my GP. If you feel better taking it till after the first trimester then carry on (if the doc will still prescribe it) you won't be doing baby any harm and if it eases your mind that's even better. Less stress and worry for you and baby xx

I'm taking progesterone and will do for first trimester. However the doctor was very vague. She basically asked me how long I thought I should take it for and then just wrote out a prescription! To be honest, I wish an informed healthcare professional would tell me to stop taking it as I feel so awful (more tired than I've ever felt in my life), and swear it has something to do with the progesterone

I have always heard that too much progesterone is never an issue.. the problem is if it is too less.. My cousin is on Prog suppositories till 12 weeks..so better continue till then for you own peace of mind..

After bfp ivf in had it for 16 weeks. Now natural bfp I don't have it and worry after miscarriage in October that maybe not being on it caused the mc!! Those girls in UK on progesterone how did you get your gp to prescribe it?

After bfp ivf in had it for 16 weeks. Now natural bfp I don't have it and worry after miscarriage in October that maybe not being on it caused the mc!! Those girls in UK on progesterone how did you get your gp to prescribe it?

When I went to the doctors to confirm pregnancy I asked her if I needed to take it again she said probably not but she will give me anyway just to be on the safe side. That was it, I said it would give me peace of mind so she gave me a prescription. If you tell your doctor your concerns they should give it to you. X

Thank you VickyLou. I will make a gp appointment I think.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I'm going to try and get a refill this week. That would hold me over to the end of the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->