Stopping the pill, how did you feel?

Charmed86

Reaction score
I don't know whether I'm coming down with something or not, but I figure I can probably chalk most of this up to coming off the pill! I'm CD14, and my boobs are sore, I'm eating everything in sight, my back hurts and my stomach is crampy :( Ugh. Oh, and I've been feeling really weak and dizzy today.

Did anyone else have a rotten time coming off the pill? I don't think it helped that I didn't take my pills properly last month, I missed so many of them! I had a normal bleed though.

I hope this settles down soon! :(

Well i felt same way after coming off bc pill acter being on it 6 yrs & got a bfp the month following after that first bleed you mentioned. You could be pregnant from what i've seen with myself & my sisters & freinds your very fertile first few months coming off pill. Good luck

Well i felt same way after coming off bc pill acter being on it 6 yrs & got a bfp the month following after that first bleed you mentioned. You could be pregnant from what i've seen with myself & my sisters & freinds your very fertile first few months coming off pill. Good luck

I am praying you are right, but I'm not holding my breath. The last time I came off the pill, I didn't ovulate at all :( But I've lost weight since then & continuing to lose weight, so I'm hopeful! I did notice the other day that I had a faint line on my ovulation test, didn't really think much of it as everywhere I've read says that it doesn't mean anything. Except now I am getting blatant negatives, with no faint line. I'm starting to wonder if I ovulated right after my period and the ovulation test was taken *after* I'd ovulated! Goodness knows! I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks if I did ovulate as I will either get an early AF or BFP! Wouldn't it be great if things were that easy!! Fingers crossed. Hoping I feel a bit more normal soon, still feeling off today :wacko:

When I went off the pill three months ago I had a pretty normal cycle, stayed the same as when I was on the pill for the most part. This month is the first month I've had more cramping/dizzy/tired. I think it all depends on the person but from what I've read about coming off the pill it shouldn't take too long to go back to a normal cycle.

Le Sigh....
My journey with "the pill" has been an interesting one so far. I actually got off the pill because my periods were coming at random portions of the pack...missing a pill here and there every "once in a while" eventually caught up with me and I would get my period on the most random days of the pack (I say initially because shortly after we decided to ttc). So, initially my intentions were to just regulate my cycle and get in sync with the bcp i was taking. I stopped taking it the moment I decided that that's what I would do - I had started my period, and what a better time! So commenced my first cycle off bcp....it was beautiful. I felt amazing, my energy was back, I was hornier than ever, I was not as moody and I had felt my body for the first time in its natural form. Even my husband noted the difference. Since then, I have been learning and figuring my body out.

Your body may take a while to regulate its symptoms, or if you are like me, my first cycle was text book (I use BBT), and the second cycle was really off, coming two weeks after my last period, and then the third cycle lasted me 40 something days without ovulation....then I finally ovulated (without a period- what would have been two cycles literally ran into each other), and I am now currently (tentatively) pregnant after 3 faint pregnancy tests!

I guess my main point (after this novel) is that once you get off the pill you have to get to know yourself again, and what you may have originally considered PMS symptoms were probably not your "real ones" considering the hormones were synthetic... now your body is trying to produce its own levels and it may take awhile for you to figure out what your "norm" is.

Hope that helps! GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->