Stories about spotting?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hello!

I had my scan on Friday and we saw a heartbeat and a teeny tiny baby measuring somewhere between 6-7 weeks. So fast forward to today (Tuesday) and I have had some red blood with some cm, which then turned brown, and as far as I can tell, it has stopped for now. I have had some very mild cramping, but unsure if that was just because I was scared about the blood.

Does anyone have any positive stories about spotting? I am so scared about miscarrying! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I will be talking to my doctor about it then, but I am going to be worrying all night tonight and day tomorrow until then.

I had spotting with my DD but only everytime after having sex it would happen ...

I haven't had sex recently :( So it can't be from that for me unfortunately.

I spotted constantly when I was pregnant with ds had scans every few weeks because of it, never found the cause, he is now a big healthy 3 year old :)

I've had spotting on and off since 3 weeks. Like every other weeks I'll have some spotting out of no where. It has ranged from light pink to brown to brownish pink. No red tho. I've had about 3 scans and all is well. I'm 9 weeks now. I was so scared at first, but I've come to terms that with this pregnancy, spotting is the norm for me. And I don't spot after sex either. My doc says it's more normal to spot than to have no spotting at all actually. Hope this helps. I'm sure your fine. As long as it's not enough to fill a pad with painful cramps that don't go away.

I don't remember specifics, but my best friend had spotting on and off throughout. They kept tabs on her but all turned out fine. Hope things are ok! I can understand it would be really disconcerting... I hope your mind will be set at ease soon <3

I had spotting with this baby for the first time ever. Not red though only brown tinged CM but enough to concern me. Went to have several ultrasounds everything was fine I never had any cramping though. Then on the 8th week my dr decided to put me on progesterone suppositories and the sporting stopped instantly. I took it until 12 weeks and baby is totally fine. Never happenned again. My progesterone was never low btw my dr just said it helps sustain pregnancy and stop bleeding and it did just that!

Thanks ladies! I don't think I've had any more over night. I am a bit worried that it was red though.

I have some different stories about spotting. My first baby I had it and baby was fine. 2nd pregnancy had it and lost the baby, BUT I hadn't seen a heart beat and baby had died very early on. 3rd time I had spotting, baby was fine, and also had it with my last baby and all was fine.to be honest, I've always had cramping, and imagined the worse! U have seen a heart beat and if it's now brown that's good! But even red doesn't mean bad. If ur worried tel ur midwife, at least to stop u worrying. Xx

I had spotting with my last pregnancy and had ultrasound within 24 hours, saw baby and saw heartbeat but sadly the spotting progressed very quickly into full in bleeding and I lost that baby later that same day. This time I had spotting on and off for 4 days which terrified me but then it just disappeared. All was fine or is fine so far and I'm now 17 weeks. The point I'm making is if it's very light spotting and lasts just a short period of time I'm sure everything is fine, I'm positive it would progress into something a lot heavier and quickly if you had something to worry about. Hope all is ok for you xx

Thanks for the stories girls! I went to my doctor today and had an anti d shot since I'm rh neg, and she has referred me for a scan at the hospital, which should hopefully be in two weeks. The spotting has stopped, so hopefully that's the end of it! If it keeps happening I have to keep getting the shots, which will mean waiting in emergency at the hospital. I guess the bonus of going to the hospital if it happens again is they wouldobe able to scan me there. But I am hoping that is the end of it! I'm covered for about 72 hours from the shot if I spot again.

Hey! I hate spotting it is so damn terrifying! I never had any in the first tri with my first two; with my first baby I bled after sex but that was only later on, and I wasn't worried cause I felt movement and there was such an obvious cause. With my second pregnancy I never saw a drop of blood until 39 weeks when I lost my mucus plug.

This time I spotted brown at 4 weeks and felt certain I was having a chemical. It was awful. It lasted about 48 hours and stopped. The midwife wasn't concerned so I started to feel better... Until 7 weeks when I started spotting pink! The terror and anxiety was just overwhelming! That lasted a day and still the midwife was not concerned so I waited. At 11 weeks we heard a strong glorious heartbeat. I'm now 12+3 and feeling lots of movement, so all is well.

I'm sorry about the spotting, I know how horrible and freaky it is, but truly the VAST majority of the time all is well!

With my first pregnancy I spotted brown starting at 5 weeks and it ended in a mis :( at 8 weeks. Very heartbreaking. BUT. My second pregnancy i spotted starting at 5 weeks until about 8 weeks and I have a beautiful 2 year old baby boy to show for it! Spotting doesn't always mean something bad. Now I am 5 weeks and just started a bit of pink spotting today, i am a bit freaked out, but i know that it can be meaningless as well. Just do your best to keep your mind on something else!

I'm so glad to read it can be nothing to worry about! It has stopped, and I think I have some morning sickness this morning, which I haven't had yet this pregnancy.. so hopefully that's a good sign!!

I've been spotting for a week now. I'm terrified. I've got a Scan booked in for 7 weeks

I had some spotting at 8 weeks and phoned the early pregnancy unit and had a scan and all was well. I then had further spitting at 10 weeks and some bright red blood, which totally freaked me out! Had another scan and again all was well. Couldn't give me and reason why?

I'm now 13 weeks and have just had my dating scan and all looks well!

Hope everything is same for you xxx

Bled for 5 days or so (minus clotting) when AF was due and my hug continues to rise appropriately so I am pleasantly surprised so far! My scan is Monday fingers crossed we see a sac at least. I have bled with all my pregnancies,

It's quite common by the sounds of it :)

good luck c beary83, it's really scary not knowing! Fx for both of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->