storing milk

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
ive started to express and store in the freezer for when i want to go out and have afew too many drinks lol
for the life of me i cant remember how long u can keep frozen milk in the freezer?

maybe we should have a sticky thread about milk storage?

5 hours at room temp, 5 days in the fridge, 5 months in the freezer :) Once defrosted it has to be used within 24 hours :) Always give a sniff before using. It'll smell like sour milk if it's gone off.

also to defrost it has to be done over 24 hours in the fridge doesnt it?

its all so confusing to even no how many bottles a bf baby would need so im looking forward but also dreading going out for the first time lol

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/breastfeeding/while-working/storing-transporting-breast-milk

I found this link useful. Towards the bottom of the page is a chart with all of the freezing, refrigerating, and reheating information.

Lilyanne - Thanks for the link - I'll be using this down the line in a few months when I have to go back to work.

PS. Your LO is adorable in that fluffy outfit - is it a lamb?

thanks for the link, that is really useful information!x

Lilyanne - Thanks for the link - I'll be using this down the line in a few months when I have to go back to work.

PS. Your LO is adorable in that fluffy outfit - is it a lamb?

I think it is a bear lol. H&M always has cute stuff.

If you have a deep freeze it can be stored for up to a year in there. Otherwise I was told 6 months in the regular freezer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->